General questions on "aftercare" guarantee

Graye
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think this is probably a general question but in my case it applies some very expensive private dentistry work I had done. The treatment finished in April 2016 and is covered by a 12 month "aftercare" or guarantee. Since then I have had to go back to the dentist to re-insert a loose crown and bridgework which he fitted. This was done free of charge.

The twelve month period is coming to an end and again I have problems with the same two teeth - a crown fallen off and a loose bridge. Unfortunately the company I used (a larger cosmetic surgery company) no longer offers dentistry and have passed any remedial work out to another dentist. I have an appointment for three weeks hence but I'm now thinking they are trying to wait out the twelve month period so that my cover expires as this is a very long wait.

What I am wondering is whether the twelve month period is just that or whether it is extended to cover any remedial work they have done for a further twelve months? It seems that otherwise they might fix the problem again short term now, knowing they will have no responsibility after April.

I've looked online and can't find anything on this.