Charges reclaim and defaults question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have 3 outstanding defaults on my account.

One is being removed because I won a court case, I didnt owe the debt.

The other 2 are owned by lowell and I did owe to these accounts.

One is vanquis and is registered at about £1800 on my credit file,

the other is shop direct, the default was registered at £150, but the letters they send me are saying I now owe 400, presumably through their charges.

Im pretty certain that the vanquis debt will be made up of all charges, if not mainly charges, and likewise with the shop direct one,

in fact with that I'm 99% certain that i paid significantly more charges than the 150 they defaulted me for. The shop direct one ive had an offer from lowell to clear the balance for 220.

Now I know that removing defaults is nigh on impossible but I could really do with getting rid of them.

Is it worth sending them a sar and trying to argue if they don't have the right documents?

Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Failing that I need to settle the defaults for something else I'm doing, they need to show as settled.

So, should I just pay the 220 to lowell for the shop direct debt or should I go back to shop direct and argue the charges?

Likewise with the vanquis debt

should I argue the charges and try to get the balance lowered at least?

I don't have the money available to pay the full amount for the vanquis debt and I also really object to paying it off as it is all charges, and lowell paid virtually nothing for it. .

Id really appreciate any advice,

I really don't want to stir the hornets nest if i wont achieve anything, or at least if im better off waiting until I have the money available to clear both before I contact them.

Ive seen in loads of threads people talk about getting the penalty charges removed from vanquis and shop direct, but ive searched and searched the forum and can only find stuff on bank charges..

what dates are the defaults

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well the vanquis one is December 2015 but it should be at least a year earlier but I think 2.

I dont have any of the statement ts or anything like that and because lowell bought it my credit file doesn't show payments made etc.

The shop direct one is January 2016 but again I know it should be earlier but don't have anything to back that up.

And im conscious about drawing attention to myself before im ready if you know what I mean

sar the OC's then find out

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...