WRAG Change In April

Belfaster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there folks, just wondering about the upcoming change to the ESA WRAG group from April this year.

As you know I am in N Ireland, been in the WRAG group since June 2013,

no reassessment in all that time and only one WFI in more than three years.

As I understand,

the new rules only apply to new claims after April 2017,

or are they likely to move the goalposts again,

you just don't know with this government. :mad2:

As I understand it - those already in WRAG aren't affected. It's just new claims. But I have no idea what happens (does anyone?) to people who go from support group to WRAG.
well if you make a new claim that is for ESA not either of the two groups, so shouldn't be affected if your claim started before the date it changes

As I understand it - those already in WRAG aren't affected. It's just new claims. But I have no idea what happens (does anyone?) to people who go from support group to WRAG.

From the white paper:-

The changes as introduced to the House of Commons on 9th July 2015 would mean that existing claimants, whether in the work-related activity group or the support group, who undergo a work capability assessment after April 2017 and are placed in, or remain in, the work-related activity group, will continue to receive the work-related activity component.
There is also some protection for those who go back to work, but then cannot continue with the work:-

We also aim to protect those who move off ESA to try to work. Those who were receiving the component [but] returns to ESA within 12 weeks because they could not cope with work will be able to reclaim ESA and receive the component again