PRA Claimform - old Provident Doorstep Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is that not necessary for the courts to know he could get a call any time over the 9 mths. My sons surgery was within 10 days of the call.

I know my son is not part of this but we was told up to 6 mths and we got a call 6 weeks later

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its nothing to do with court yet

that could all be introduced at disclosure as ive said

IF it ever gets that far

its a speculative claim ,

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok will get the medical info together in the mean time.

Form going off in next few days

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I was just having a browse looking for hints and tips, and came across this thread.

The one thing I don't understand why the advice is to keep the individual's health issues under wraps.

I helped a friend with similar issues some while back and came across the Money Advice Liaison Group who had created a sort of code of practice for creditors dealing with people with mental health issues.

The information I obtained eventually led to my friend's debt, which was pretty big, being written off.

Surely if there is a route that allows people with health issues to resolve a debt it must be better to attempt this rather than adding to the burden of those issues with the stress of court action?

What is to be gained by not telling the creditor, even one like PRA, if it might lead to the debt going away?

It must be worth checking out Money Advice Liaison Group's website.

TBH l think its more a court thing. I no when when l was dealing with debts previously and as soon as the creditors were told the person has Mental health issues they were more helpful. The accepted what they were told and done as asked.

Tho the cases never got to court so l could not tell u what the difference is re courts being told. I thought that if they were aware they would be more flexiable to the defendant allowing someone to speak to the courts on there behalf etc.

Not sure its just restricted to the courts GodMother as I recall these guidelines spill over into the FCA rules that they have to abide by. All I can tell you from what I did for my friend as soon as the creditor was told about his issues there were a couple of bits of information they wanted which his health worker was happy to provide and they couldn't get rid of him quick enough. Saved a lot of grief.

• 3 weeks later...

Letter recieved today

Dear sir

Re our Client PRA group

We refer to the above matter and write to confirm we are now instructed to act on behalf of our clients in relation to the on going procedings.

notice has been served on courts.

Yours Faithfully

Judge & prestley LLP

enclosed is a notice of acting

anyone heard of them.

D wants to send them a letter re outstanding CPR and AQ but l said no.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Dx will look into that later.

I take it you would agree not to remind them re the paperwork.

that's their problem..

you did send the N180 off?

and they

before easter. I think they have sent the court theirs as l have not heard different

if you drill down on MCOL it sometimes tells you.

dx

and they

Email from mediation today re a appointment tho he is in hospital that day for a appointment. Not been able to reach mediation yet can they move the appointment to another day if possible.

have you received all the required paperwork via CCA/CPR?

dx

and they

No but they still have a few weeks the provisional appoint is not till the 30th

it wont be an mediation appointment

it will be a call to see if mediation is possible

they will ask the same questions as were on the form

its THEN that you answer NO to the paperwork one

mediation will fail.

theres no harm in emailing them back and stating that to date you have not had all the required paperwork, but the claimant has till the date of the 'appointment' yet

and they

The Email clearly states Mediation Confirmation appointment of the 30th May and then a time.

It also say that emails will take up to 20days to be read and responded to

confirmation not the actual mediation.

and they

• 1 month later...

The actual mediation was the 30th.

On the 15th May the mediation service called and asked if we have all the information for the case.

I said no but they said more than enough time for them to produce the info.

on the 30th they called saying that they had spoken to PRA who said we had the paperwork.

I informed the Guy that they were wrong and he never got back to me.

The judge ordered we mediate but l called mediation and advised what had happened and they advised if it was going ahead they would call.

The courts have got back to us with further directions.

Case listed for August 1.

They need to file a listing fee by tuesday further info to follow.

Hi all

Sorry for the delay but illness and hospital. Got the letter.

By 4pm tomorrow, 4th July, PRA needs to file the hearing fees or without further order the case is struck out and they are liable for costs.

By the 14th both parties need to file with courts and each other documents they wish to rely on.

He is my issues.

D was in hospital today, blue lighted again, and he is now being bumped up the list for urgent surgery to be done within 6 weeks and a further 12 weeks minimum when he is unable to do anything that causes strain.

The hospital has said the case would cause to much stress and strain on his body.

We still have not had any contact from PRA re the CPR or the DQ.

The last and only contact is the solicitors letter.

What do we do now l am contacting the courts tomorrow.

see if they pay the fee.

in the meantime get you witness statement sorted in case they do.

and they

Was hoping to hear from u. Witness statement what would l put in it. We have been sent nothing to prove the case and don't have the book.

Also what do l do about the courts. D is not going to be able to attend.

search CAG box top redtoolbar we haven't got time to spoon feed.

witness statement no paperwork

and they

Can't do that as tool bar not there and mobile. Phone is about 5 yes old. Laptop is unfixable.

What would u advise re the courts and hospital.

might not ever have to got to court

they've not proved their case

they've yet to pay the fee

could be struck out

could be stayed

theres till the search box top right of this page even on the most basic phone

and they