style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why are they using a S13 ....Is it not stated within your Tenancy Agreement re rent increases?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

T can contest a s13 rent increase up to 28 days after receipt with first tier Tribunal, who can set a new rent, valid for 12 months, based on equivalent properties in local area. I don't think they can reduce existing rent but may report LL to Council for disrepair.

After 28 days, with no T objection, or T pays the increase, the new rent is set.

Do you mean T is trying to negotiate a lower/zero increase with LL because of disrepair?

We have received an S13 last week, we are currently on monthly rolling(SPT) after an initial fixed contract time.

Repairs were promised before moving in, and other things have been reported but not repaired in the part 2 1/2 years, which have not yet been repaired.

Can a rent increase imposed via S13 be argued against due to lack of repairs?

I assume that should you object, the tribunal would assess the reasonableness of your rent based on your home as compared with the neighbourhood, and the judgement of your home would include an assessnent of the unrepaired items. So technically yes.

But I don't think they could say that your rent should be reduced simply because your landlord did not do something he promised to do.

It wasn't a rent reduction I was looking at but preventing an increase via S13.

Yes and thats why I asked in post #2 was the rent increase terms not already included in your tenancy agreement...if not that would be the only reason for using/issuing the S13

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread