Lidl (Athena) Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As a gym member, we're allowed 2 1/2 hr free parking. On the day I took my daughter's car and input my car's reg on terminal. After gym session, I went to lidl for some shopping but paid via cash. I thought I'm still within 2 1/2hr time limit so didn't bother to extend on lid's terminal.

1) Should I declare that I'm the driver on the day? Then explain the situation.

2) As the fine is for exceeding the time limit of 01:30hrs, I'm thinking that gym membership parking allowance should cover despite the actual stay being 02:46.

3) the registered keeper (my daughter) is not in UK since Oct and won't be back until summer of this year. We can provide copy of passport and visa to prove it but really don't want to give passport details.

Never had civil parking fine and not sure how best to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you got a ticket on your car then do NOTHING until you get thr ntk through the post. If you appral before this youblose all the protection the protection of freedoms act affords you. Its a mistake a lot of people make.

Its also not a fine. Just a silly speculative invoice.

You definitley shouldnt even consider giving them passport details etc

Parking companies are just cowboy clampers using a.different name since clamping is now illegal.

Sit tight and the regulars will be around to give you more detailed info.

As an aside can you convert your images to pdf.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you are asking the wrong questions. What you shuld be asking is are these bandits entitled to ask me for money in the first placeUnderstand, it is not a fine, it is a begging letter that may or may not have a contract supporting its claim.

We need to understand how the car park works regarding the 2 enterprises that you have used. Each has a terminal that you clock in with, do you have to clock out of the gym one?

I would be writing to both Lidla nd the Gym to say that you have been issued with thsi chareg and because the parking co's systems are unfit for purpose you have been billed qwhen you shouldnt have and waht are they going to do to correct their contractors errors. Dont write to the parking co yet, wait for a response from LIdl and the gym.

I would be telling teh gym that your continued membership depends on how this plays out and in the case of Lidl as long as you can remember some of the items you purchased that day and the time of day ( on this NTK) then they can tell that you were a genuine customer and they should cancel. If they dont I would be telling them that you will be returning the goods as you dont wnat anything to do with them ever again and this nonsense witht eh parking co is a breach of the contract you entered with them

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Thanks gents.

First thing, it's a NTK, at least it's whats written on it.

I'll try to talk with someone on gym tomorrow but guess it'll be the standard answer.

I looked more into Athena ANPR Ltd and it seems they're not member of BPA but IPC, so no POPLA.

I looked more into it and general guide is to write as a registered keeper.

it doesnt matter what capacity you write to lidl or the gym as (member so that would be sensible)

the important thing is to go through whoever you can before you have to enter into any conversation with the parking co.

If they are told to cancel they will, if they are ASKED to cancel they wont.

We need to understand how the car park works regarding the 2 enterprises that you have used. Each has a terminal that you clock in with, do you have to clock out of the gym one?

Yes each has it's own terminal.

We input our reg and press confirm.

No clock out.

I talked with someone in gym today and was asked to call the number on NTK.

The girl was saying that we gym goers normally get discount and charge reduced to £20 :razz:.

Still unsure if I should be calling and telling them that I was the driver though

. Any advice.

Hi folks,

Today iv received typical civil parking notice from Athena. 45 quid ( daylight robbery and insult ) !

Iv overstayed 10 mins. Went into lidl to buy water and some biscuits, paid cash. threw out receipt.

Afterwards went to the bank which is in opposite street.

Came back to car and drew away. I don't usually shop at Lidl, hence not familiar with their modus operandi.

Any advise how to proceed? What if i rang Lidl management and explain, would that help to resolve it?

Thx

Arthur

OK, their demand states that shoppers using the terminal are allowed 1.5 hours. Well, you werent a shopper so that doesnt apply to you. We really need to see the wording on the signage at the entrance to the car park and it would help if you hadnt blanked out where the event took place, we cant research who owns the land or look at the entrance and layout on google without this information. Lidl are unusual inasmuch as they own a lot of their stores outright but by no means all of them, most other big retailers merely lease the property which means any parking contract is usually duff. When we understand the relationship between the gym, store and car park we will advise what to say and to whom. In the maenwhile find you Lidl receipt or at least list the items you bought as they can find your purchase receipt on their system from that information.