Parking Eye Aldi Kingsbury North London

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Looking for some advise with regards to PNC

This is on behalf of a friend.

He parked in the Auldi car park to do a shop.

What he did not do was punch in his reg number.

He was there a total of 29 mins (according to PE)

He has now received a Notice to Owner, an invoice for £70.00 reduced if paid quickly.

He said he is going to appeal.

any advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Leakie

dont appeal to PE, get him to find his receipt for his shopping and then get onto Aldi head office and complain about his treatment as it is clear that the way the parking tikcet system is laidout is merely to entrap customers into paying PE £70 rather than managing the car park. Get him to say that he will moan to the local papers if the signs about needing to punch in your car reg are less than 4cm high with no small print (ie same size as their biggest letters about anything else).

Appealing to PE is the last step, not the first becasue they wont cancel it and if he has appealed they will just tell Aldi the matter has been dealt with.

Thanks EB

I do not like posting on behalf of others as it makes it an awkward thread for me,

He has not got the receipt for the shopping,

but he is one of the most honest people I know, so I believe what he has told me.

I have already advised him to complain to the store or head office.

What he has told me,

He has moved to Devon but still has his house in London

he started shopping in Auldi in Devon, but they do not have the same key in reg number as in London.

he had returned to London for a quick visit. and assumed it was the same in this Auldi.

He made a genuine mistake. and feels it is very harsh for not seeing the machine to key in his reg.

He wants to appeal to there better nature, I have put him right on this point.

Does he have any reasonable chance when it gets to the Polar stage?

I dont care what someone says that someone says.

Get your friend to pop up here as playing chinese whispers is long winded and dangerous as the advice may well not fit the problem. However getting on tot eh store to get the ticket cancelled is always good advice but they should do this very soon otherwise they may well be tempted to pay PE when it isnt necessary. These companies rely on misdirection, misinformation and sometimes downright lies to make a living