Old HSBC/Midland Bank credit card statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm posting on here as my query is related to PPI.

Can anyone let me know if they've managed to obtain copies of old Midland Bank/HSBC credit card statements from the mid 1990's?

I have the account number but no paperwork.

I've read about one other poster on here who took HSBC to a small claims court in 2007, for non compliance over a DSAR and bank charges complaint.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and had to take matters this far to get their data.

I asked the ICO for an opinion and they accepted the bank's advice that they only hold statements from six years ago

have you already sent an sar?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I've already tried that. The bank said nothing available since my account has been closed more than six years ago.

It's the same old story that I've heard from other banks, but when you read about some customers taking them to a small claims court and then miraculously the bank locates the statements in their microfiche records a week before the court date. It does make you wonder........

They are liars... they have stuff going back to the 1980s and beyond... I know that for a fact as I'm currently claiming PPI from 1987... but I do have the documents... they are very, very difficult to liase with... and they lie through their teeth. TB

Thanks ThedaBara, can I ask how you know the information is held by HSBC back to the 1980's? Did you manage to get your documents from this bank or did you already have them?

If I take it any further I need some convincing evidence of non compliance.