Winter Solstice 2016-Anyone Celebrating-A little dance perhaps.Countdown-21st DEC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The December solstice happens at the same instant for all of us, everywhere on Earth. This year the solstice occurs on Wednesday December 21st at 10:44 GMT (Universal time).

The winter solstice happens every year when the Sun reaches its most southerly declination of -23.5 degrees. In other words, when the North Pole is tilted furthest – 23.5 degrees – away from the Sun, delivering the fewest hours of sunlight of the year.

The Winter Solstice is the most important day of the year at Stonehenge and a truly magical time to be there. It's an ad hoc celebration that brings together England's New Age Tribes (neo-druids, neo-pagans, Wiccans) with ordinary families, tourists, travelers and party people - 100's of them!

For many the impulse to arrive at Stonehenge in time for the Solstice is a little like all those people drawn to the strange rock in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It's akin to a spiritual experience. Anyone who has witnessed the crowd become silent as the sky begins to brighten can attest to that.

Do you have a strange urge,are you feeling drawn to do something a little strange tomorrow.

Well do not worry,now you know why

Well can you believe it,the winter solstice is nearly here,another exciting day,when you can let your hair down.

Do a little dance perhaps,dress up or visit Stonehenge even and really celebrate.

Everything you need to know,including video.

And a countdown clock.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/0/winter-solstice-2016-shortest-day-year-time/

Yule/Winter Solstice/Winter Festivals/Saturnalia

Celebrate the Return Of Light.

I am all for that,i feel like hibernating.

Bring me sunshine bring me light,it always lately feels like night.

I need to feel the warmth,of the suns rays.

Re-energise

Do you feel the same?

I feel some pictures and video should be shown of the Winter Solstice which took place yesterday.

Thousands of people, including pagans and druids dressed in traditional clothing, have gathered at Stonehenge to celebrate the shortest day of the year.

Spectators gazed up at the sky to witness the beginning of the winter solstice, the point at which the North Pole is tilted 23.5 degrees away from the sun.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4055038/In-pictures-Pagans-druids-celebrate-winter-solstice-Stonehenge.html#ixzz4TYgmZFWb

35i41sz.jpg

We did have a bit of a near fling with the darker side - Michael 'The Deceiver' Gove

'The man you can trust to betray your trust'

There was devilish method in Gove being minister for education

https://opusdiaboliblog.wordpress.com/tag/michael-gove/

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres