Cabot Chasing 20 year old Barclay's Master loan

dcahater76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Got a letter yesterday from Crapbot stating they had traced me to my current address

in about 1996 Barclay's gave me a 5k loan

they defaulted me in 1998

Cabot started chasing back in 2000

I was younger back then and didn't know my rights I paid them till 2002 then told them to do One in no uncertain terms

spin forward 14 years

they are trying to state I owe them 5300

I am fully aware this debt is well and truly statute barred

is there any point in inviting letter tennis with these morons by sending them a CCA letter which probably no longer exists?

Funnily enough I bank with Barclay's have done for the last five years without any problems.

I personally think Crapbot must be losing the plot chasing debt this old

what do you guys think?

as you have not written to them to date ?

and thus they could file a court claim to your last known address?

i'd be sending the statute barred letter in the dca section of the library

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'd ignore them. They dont enforce legit debts. Its been sol long, their computers likely spat out an automated letter and nobody at cabot even know it happened.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi DCA,

I'd be inclined to send the Stat Barred letter. This will confirm your current address so you know they have your current address and you can keep track of what they're up to.

After that, you can pretty much ignore further demands.

When you send the letter, get a free Certificate of Posting form the PO Counter so you have proof, and keep it safe.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

well it does appear they are certain they have the right person and address or they will have dropped themselves in it by spewing out details of your personal data.

This means they cant go for a backdoor CCJ so no real reason to say anything you dont want to

I would also send the SB letter and remind them of their obligations to process your data fairy now they know that they dont have any reason to continue

Well sent statute barred letter today and got proof of postage. I am getting used to this now managed to get robbers way to cease chasing me for a welcome debt I have reclaimed PPI on so when I get the money through will be making a donation to cat for the great advise given by everyone especially DX100

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Nice to see you've moved forward

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You're very welcome and your donation will help us remain here to help others.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)