PRA phoning my mother for sons debt who now lives in Riga

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just a bit of advice required my mother is getting letters and calls, most recent from PRA over my sons debt but he has not lived in the UK for over 2 years and lives in Riga, she has ignored the calls and returned the letters back to the collectors but some are failing to stop harrasing her.

Even his credit report shows his address in Riga but they are still bugging a 75 year old woman who has none of the debts to her name.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Keep a detailed log of all telephone calls. Keep all correspondence. Don't send it back.

Write them a recorded delivery letter telling them to stop phoning and that the person they're looking for is not at that address and if they check the credit file they would see for themselves. Warn them that if they continue you will complain to the ombudsman and also to the credit services Association of which they are apparently a member. This kind of behaviour is thuggish and heartless – but what else do you expect?

when she answers the phone and recognise them she should scream as loud as she can down the phone. Just an old fashioned AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH.

If they still persist she could then try putting the phone next to the radio and get on with something else. After 15 minutes of Ken Bruce they will get the hint

Log calls, and report them to your telephone network provider and go through their malicious calls procedure.

Make a formal complaint to the communications ombudsman for abusing the telephone network.

If they persist in harassment, then report them to your local police for the criminal offence of harassment, one call from them will put an end to it.

A DCA tried the same method with my Mother years ago, but they bit off more than they could chew, and she went to town on them, reporting them to anyone that would listen, and even complained to her local MP.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!