Weather Feelings and Thoughts-This Winter is Shaping up if you are a coldie.Perhaps.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:)

just about to start a crowd funding to buy the forthcoming old Air Force One (and a bit of jet fuel).....(seeing that Major Kong has now got Boeing to reduce (negotiate) the cost of a new one)

Failing that, it'll be the Jubilee line..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Failing that, it'll be the Jubilee line..

Is that not closed for essential repairs ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

not repairs, they're building my bunker...:peep:

dont tell anyone though, its a secret.

:lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hah, you should have been here during the Devonian period, we had proper cataclysmic volcanic eruptions then, not these piddly little wipe out just one continent fireworks you report here. There are 4 bigger and more likley to blow volcanic calderas around the world that will produce a bang bigger than Krakatoa that are due to pop sometime soon. Leicester-on -sea. Has a ring to it dont you think?

Arctic heatwave? -20c then, I will still wear a t-shirt when I get there becasue I am not a Geordie.

and, a 'killer' supervolcano is stirring again..apparently :)

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/241548-supervolcano-may-killed-off-europes-neanderthals-stirring

oops, shldnt be posting :tape2:. but it is christmas :party:

Well,turn my back for one minute and Super Volcanos are going to erupt and all hell is going to descend on us.:lol:

Bunkers being built for Ford and papers promising Artic conditions.:lol:

First of all better cover the Volcano problems that could arise but will not.

Why,well we all know Aliens are spotted regularly around these Volcanos and flying around these regions.

I had better prove this,with a video.

So we can conclude that due to the Aliens having their underground homes/bases around these regions and their advanced technology they will prevent any disasters happening.

I mean do you think they would just hop on their space hoppers and watch or leave their homes to be ruined.

No of course not they will fix things before this could happen.

As for the Papers promising the Artic is about to descend on us, not yet,but must sell a few newspapers.

We may have to wait a little longer yet.But it was a close call at one time.

Very close.

Turkey,Greece and other warm regions are copping it:x:smow::

Feeling in need of some medication.A lie down in a darkened room perhaps.:faint:

Hanging on to the the weather models swings.Which I have been watching carefully.

One moment so happy:whoo:

Next moment banging my head on the wall as spirits sink once again:frusty:

I am a coldie of that there is no doubt.

For a while I thought we were about to enter the Ice Age.Cobra meetings being held and the country grinding to a halt

River Thames freezing, Lakes and Canals freezing just as they did in 1963, a Year I remember well.Icicles hanging from gutters 2 feet long and growing each day. :whoo:

And if you shut your front door you were lucky if you did not get speared or a landslide of snow landed on your head.

Ice skating on lakes as the ice was feet deep.Drilled each day to check.

Remembering a few times in Blackpool building an igloo.one day.:-(

One Sunday 2 pm snow started falling and did not stop for twelve hours, nothing much moved.Feet deep.

People began to talk to each other a community bond such as happens at these times :grouphug:

Now I do not know whether I need a barbeque or a sledge in the next month or so but who does.

Maybe I should ask the Daily Express they are full of hot air.And have been for years.:flame:

In the last week i have needed many emotions ranging from:whoo: as the cold threatened,:madgrin: then a wall to release a little pressure Now relaxing in the Bear Garden for a while.

Winter has only started a short time ago, how are we going to cope till the end.

How do you feel,what will we be saying at Winters end.

I do not want to mention the warming theme emerging and hope things turn round sharpish.

Whatever you wish for I hope you receive so long as it is snow, off now for some liquid refreshment.

And may I say i wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

If anything changes weatherwise I will be back in a flash,i may be back soon anyway with some videos to show what we have just missed recently.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Just in case anyone is watching or wants to see what the weather models are doing.Or learn a little about what is affecting our small Island a link for you.

See how close we came recently to a historic weather event setting up over us..

On Netweather the sheer amount of replies and discussion and debate means a new thread has started called.

Model Output Discussion 29th December - Into mid-Winter.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86906-model-output-discussion-29th-december-into-mid-winter/

And just thought i would add this.

We must not forget what The Consumer Action Group is and Does for people.

As we relax in the Bear Garden,a place to unwind away from the problems faced, and the advice members give to people.

A place to de stress, have a little fun.

It helps them fight back against any injustices or wrongs done to the ordinary folk of Great Britain.

I have just read Bankfodders New Years message.We all know what happened when Bankfodder took on the Banks.

If not google it.

Here is the message to inspire you to fight back.

I might just make a little Donate ion myself as my online Empire develops as it will.Get past security and the moths first that lurk around my wallet.

Only small but everything helps.

Here is the message.

A Happy New Year to the CAG Community

Read our Message

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=23&a=280

First of all better cover the Volcano problems that could arise but will not.

for me, volcs are natures terraformers. as currently seen on distant planets doing their job.

and, so long as 'man' continues to pollute its natural environment, then such volcs may well arise again here to put things back. mother nature has its inevitable way.

time will tell.

As usual I have been watching the weather models closely.

A strange battle between cold and mild air.We usually end up on the mild side when most of Europe has been in the deep freeze this winter.

Still nine weeks or so of winter to go.

My head is spinning taking in all the info so leaving them alone for a while.

This week I expect a shock for many of us.

Went outside today and it seemed so mild.

However, from midweek till at least weekend we may finally get some of the white stuff, as a cold wind arrives from a Northerly direction.

Maybe that the old Snow Plough needs oiling even and a little disruption here and there.Best watch out for any possible weather warnings turning up.

Of course if I am reading things wrong I will creep back in here and give some excuse.:-(

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Felt baltic in 'sunny' Glasgow today :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello maroondevo52.

i am enjoying a lighter post after all my Fracking adventures lately.

Slightly worrying from things I am seeing and are happening.I am getting to old for such adventures.But cannot resist.

So it is nice to come to another thread to relax a little.

I had better move on, as I do go on a little at times.

Sunny Glasgow, feeling a little cold.Just wait till Wednesday.

I have just been wondering how far Glasgow is from the sea.

About thirty miles perhaps although stretching along a tidal river.

The nearest I have been to Glasgow is Port Glasgow many years ago delivering Blackpool rock, although the pictures on the rock were scenic Highland views.

Perhaps to be distributed throughout Scotland.

Sure I saw a submarine but it was many years ago, and memories are fading in the mists of time.

Perhaps 40 years ago.

Well as you look at things, the really cold air seems to be travelling across a much warmer ocean, collecting plenty of moisture.Perhaps meaning at first as the cold air arrives coastal areas or within a certain distance of the coast, it is thought that heavy showers may occur with some lightning perhaps.

So Glasgow could be in for some real wintriness.

But I feel many people in Scotland do not worry too much about a foot or two of snow.Certainly not a few inches.

Notice I like using the words, may, perhaps, thought, could, you are covered then if things do not work out as you expect.

Anyway, take care Maroondevo52, let us know when you have dug yourself out, how you managed up there in Scotland.

Good luck.

Tawnyowl

Hello Tawnyowl and thank you for your words of wisdom.

I shall take care on my travels, I have to as that's over 100 miles per day to Glasgow and back.

Dx is the best placed to tell you about the 'rough' Scottish weather as he's much further north than myself.

I feel the weathers almost the same all year round, not like when I was young and could poke a penny into the melting tarmac on the road or skate on the frozen canals.

Oh did I mention it's me and CAG'S birthday tomorrow :)

EDIT

It's our birthday now :)

Hello Tawnyowl and thank you for your words of wisdom.

I shall take care on my travels, I have to as that's over 100 miles per day to Glasgow and back.

Dx is the best placed to tell you about the 'rough' Scottish weather as he's much further north than myself.

I feel the weathers almost the same all year round, not like when I was young and could poke a penny into the melting tarmac on the road or skate on the frozen canals.

Oh did I mention it's me and CAG'S birthday tomorrow :)

Well, can you believe it. The only time I have walked on frozen lakes round here is 1963.And it was drilled every day to check the thickness.

And yes I remember melting tarmac and frying eggs on slates as I got a little older.

EDIT

It's our birthday now :)

Happy Birthday Maroondevo52, Have a great day,surely the 52 is not telling us anything in code is it.

I read Bankfodders message about the CAG being ten years old but must have missed perhaps a thread where we could say Happy Birthday.

So will say Happy Birthday CAG here.It is hard to believe I have been rambling on here for Ten Years now.

It has flown by.May the next ten years fly by as well.

And as you have probably just noticed I am still getting to grips with editing etc:lol:

Off to roost now

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Night Tawnyowl, thanks for the good wishes.

I'm off to bed too, hopefully catch you tomorrow and here's to the next ten.

Take care.

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I suppose you all noticed my deliberate:oops: mistake.

Of course we all know the CAG Is now 11 years old.

I had not realised that when I posted earlier it had turned midnight.:lol:

So let me see I became a member in December 2006.

I remember it well I just managed with the little strength I had to push the door open and ask for advice and help which I received.:-D And have never forgotten that help from many and how slowly things turned around.

So that would have made the CAG a toddler about 11 months old when I joined.

I am going now before I confuse myself further and bore you all to death, let me move back to the weather.

I will check the models out later and check the latest report out.And update which regions are most at risk.

snowdragon.

All we need :sad:

A winter wonderland is coming,can you believe it.First time for years for many.

Enjoy it while it is here and take a few photos and put them on here if you like.

Keep warm, keep safe and keep an eye on your elderly relatives, neighbours etc.

Run to the shop for them, or ski whichever takes your fancy, chat to them and if needed and young enough dig them out,clear their paths etc.

I may be going slightly over the top.

I am out of here, back later.With a few links.

Tawnyowl.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=&a=291

Yes, today CAG is 11 years old, TO - Just an announcement I think, no thread :)

BCOBS

Hi,Tawnyowl here.

Reporting from a deteriorating day with tremendously strong winds blowing.

There is now a little talk of a cold Easterly probably developing next week, oh dear.

But that is some way off, best leave that for now.

I feel some may want to keep an eye on things so let us get equipped with a few things.

First of all, a weather radar map that I find very accurate.

Spot incoming showers approaching in your direction.

You can also zoom in and out to your locations.

You will see above the map a weather type off or on switch.

This shows you what is falling from the sky.

At the moment taking a quick look, higher routes in Scotland are getting some hefty snow showers to put it mildly.

Here is the Radar Map for you.To keep an eye on things.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Now it is said that some of these showers may be accompanied by lightning.

So i feel a real-time lightning detector is needed.

At the top of the screen you can turn on to hear the strikes, and just about zoom into your city, town, street.

Also if you zoom in you can see how far the rumbles of thunder that sometimes accompany lightning travel.

Quite easy to use.If I can anyone can.

So here is the Real-time lightning link.Do not forget to zoom in, otherwise you will hear every lightning strike in Europe if not the world.

But that is quite entertaining, well it is for myself:madgrin:

I spotted one off the North West coast of Scotland a while ago and one off the South West so a few about.

There you go.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#y=53.8169;x=-3.0541;z=4;t=2;m=sat;r=0;s=1;o=0;b=0.00;n=0;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Here are the Met office warnings in force for the next few days.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1484092800

And todays weather from the BBC.There are also warnings for high winds, high waves etc.

It seems the wind is going to be a strong feature, I am surprised this has not been named as it seems so powerful.

Well i guess we here in the Consumer Forums are now prepared for whatever the weather may throw at us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

I wish you all a good morning.:yo:

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl

• 1 month later...

I think perhaps I wont come out of hibernation just yet !

BCOBS

I think perhaps I wont come out of hibernation just yet !

a few big b'bees were around yesterday, but they've prob gone back in to hiber again now.....

and now the wind blows, lots of trump. poor bumblebees, one minute they're out and about. next, they're trying to cope with all that strong wind. and then its supposed to go cold again around the weekend. they'll be back in the ground taking cover.....:)