Work Capability Assessments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife lost her job over 3and a half years ago, after having a nervous breakdown.

She now suffers from depression, has anxiety attacks and has agoraphobia. she has been suicidal and has other health problems. When she lost her job, she was assessed (by a woman who could hardly speak a word of English, at Five Ways House in Birmingham) and had Contribution based ESA for almost 12 months.

As a consequence of her poor assessment, she wasn't put in any group.

Since her contribution based ESA has ended, she receives nothing in the way of benefits, as she isn't entitled, as she doesn't sign on.

The ESA pays her "Stamp".

Now they are saying that she has to attend another assessment meeting, so that they can continue to pay her "Stamp".

I have contacted Maximus and the benefits agency and I have explained how stressful this is for her,in several phone calls, and have asked for a home assessment, but they won't give her one, unless I pay her GP for a letter stating that she needs a "Home visit".

Maximus are the "new" ATOS. They said that they had sent a form to my GP, which when they got it back, they said that my GP had said my wife was perfectly capable of attending the assessment. Something that my GP's practice secretary and legal secretary have denied. I requested a copy of this form from them and am still waiting.

Now my wife has been sent a BF223(ESA) form for her to fill in, stating why she didn't attend etc, etc!

I phoned again, and was told that unless I get a letter from my wifes GP, she will be sent a new appointment date, AND NO HOME VISIT!

This is making her feel worse and that's the last thing she or I need at the moment.

Why should I have to do this? Is there anything I can do, so my wife gets her home visit?

All or any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have just had one of these letters after telling them repeatedly that my mobility means I can't get to the assessment which is backed up by my GP.

Read my post. This is petrifying as they may stop my benefit in the middle of Winter.

I have just had one of these letters after telling them repeatedly that my mobility means I can't get to the assessment which is backed up by my GP.

Read my post. This is petrifying as they may stop my benefit in the middle of Winter.

they truly do not care

You should fill in a form for your wife to claim esa , they are putting you through the same thing for her stamp to be paid ,

Is there anyway you could talk to your doctor yourself or your wife and ask the Dr if he could he write a quick note saying your wife should have a home visit ,

If you do start claiming esa have it backdated as to me your wife should be entitled to it , it's not easy but your having a stressful time with everything there doing at the moment , so you might as well try to get what your wife deserves