NRAM Together Loan - Charging Order

ConsumerMark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have an NRAM mortgage and together loan.

I am planning to sell up due to ill health. I have enough equity in the house to payoff the loan.

The only problem is that I have a charging order from an old debt which became a ccj that i could not pay, it is valued just over £5000 and would leave me short of covering the loan.

I am a little confused as to how this will work, I was hoping that the together loan was secured on the property as that would have enabled me to pay it off first.

that's that cap1 charging order that the bailiff turned up upon

so you never got it sorted then?

as for NRAM

have you kept up with all the payments on both?

if you've ever had issues I bet there are £1000's to be reclaimed in arrears/penalty fees and any stupid insrances they made tyou take out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Long story short,

but the cap1 was set aside and I managed to make them a reduced offer for settlement before it went back to court.

I have always managed to keep up payments to nram on time, most of my other debts have been cleared, a few are over 6 years old and havent been chased. Im not sure I had any insurances or charges with nram.

This ccj and charging order actually relates to another card from hsbc,

one of many that i had.

They confirmed in writing that they didnt have any paperwork or agreements but this hasnt prevented them getting a charging order which i have only discovered at the point of selling.

I am guessing it is too late to go for a set aside now,

my last correspondence was a few weeks after the ccj offering to pay a reduced full and final settlement or a token monthly payment.

My wife seems to recall that she did receive something from the land registry but we arent able to locate it right now (will venture into the loft later).

Is it worth contacting the creditor and offering a reduced payment in exchange for lifting the CO?

NRam still have 'first dibs' on the house and if I was to stop paying my mortgage?

Was it HSBC that got the CCJ / CO?

And when?

Get an sar going to nram asap

I bet there is stuff to reclaim

Never known one where there is not

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

prob too late re a set aside, seeing as you offered a settlement/payment rather than then going for a set aside. you shld've applied for a court instalment order, or a set aside at the time. never know though.

plus, when they went for a CO the court wld have notified you.

so, you cld've made some representations then.

(a CO usually follows a ccj, so you wld have had the subsequent correspondence given that a few weeks after the ccj you made an offer)

IMO

:-):rant: