Sarah V Time Retail Finance **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

dont think i previously had my own thread have been posting on http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/20977-time-retail-finance.html so all my progress till this point is recorded there.

quick version

8th September 2006 sent prelim

7th November 2006 received notice of issue. Claim was issued 03/11/06, defendant recieved 06/11/06, deemed to be served 08/11/06. until 22/11/06 to reply

new news

received letter today acknowleging my letter (its the first response i've had) it says the same as all banks do- altho they dont think the fees are unlawful but on this occasion will make goodwill gesture.... They have the nerve to dispute one entry on my schedule as it is for a bounced cheque rather than a charge. they then say ' unfortunately, i am unable to refund the interest on the account. When you signed the application form you agreed to be bound by certain terms and conditions. One of these is that we will charge interest on any outstanding balance on the due date each month. As your balance was not solely consistant of charges, the interest will not be removed. Your account has been passed on Atkic capital......as there is still an amount of your account outstanding on your debt to atkiv capital the reund of £308 will be credied to the balance there'....

anyone know what i should do next as i have already lodged my claim?:confused:

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for being impatient, it's just i know that not many people look thru the other storecards section and i really need some help so i thought i would make it show up in the new threads with 0 replies and maybe a mod or someone very clever will see it. Fingers crossed.

Tell them that you will accept the £308 as an interim paymrnt and that you will proceed with court action!

They would do it to you, so get in first,

send it in your lba ok?

Good luck!:)

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Anyone had trouble getting statements for closed accounts, seems there being awkward with me? Any dept numbers or contacts/addresses to get my statements when my account was settled 2 years ago.

Used this address

Gary Partington

Time Retail Finance Limited

Selectapost 17

Rotherham

S97 3BS

my account was closed a few years ago too. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone,

got a call today from Kevin Heath at Salans Solictors who are working for Time. Interesting to find out that he knows about my GE Money claim too as GE own Time. Weird as the Time account is my husbands and the GE mine. Maybe i'm getting paranoid!

Anyway he wants me to agree to a stay to give him further time to prepare. I'm not really sure what this entails. Any advice?

sarah

Sarah I've come in late on your thread but, have the courts agreed to the stay or is it the solicitors asking you for a stay ?

Freebird

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Felt pressured to agree to stay when called salans back. 14 working days. Have been promised settlement before this date. Started the call saying i didnt want a stay then got talked around, i'm not too pleased but 14 days isnt forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrgh over 30 days now and still no luck, called today to be told they looking into it, anything i can do, or speak too to resolve this?

My account was closed over 2 years ago and my account number doesnt bring anything up now.:-x

Arrgh over 30 days now and still no luck, called today to be told they looking into it, anything i can do, or speak too to resolve this?

My account was closed over 2 years ago and my account number doesnt bring anything up now.:-x

wait for 40 day term then send letter for non compliance- in templates library (link in my signature)

Felt pressured to agree to stay when called salans back. 14 working days. Have been promised settlement before this date. Started the call saying i didnt want a stay then got talked around, i'm not too pleased but 14 days isnt forever.

decided to put this stay to good use and get into a good position for bargaining. I seem to have some kind of insurance show up on the statements, its weird cos it appears all of a sudden without any purchases being made. it much be ppi which i have no recollection of asking for. anyone shed any light as to how i should proceed with this?

Expecting A Call Tomorrow From Salans. As They Are Ge Too, They Are Going To Talk A Deal On Both These Claims. Both Have Been Filed At Court So It Does Take A While To Get Their Attention!

I Have Some Excellent Calculations Ready As There Are Missing Statements For Topshop And Debenhams- Watch This Space For Updates - Let The Negiotation Commence!

still no word from them- surprise surprise! i will chase tomorrow, havent yet as i've been working out how to spend my settlement just received from abbey!

called today and spoke to kevin heath- he said he is waiting for ge to come back to him on a couple of points and then he will call probably today but failing that tomorrow latest. He didnt call back surprise surprise so if i havent heard from him by 4 tomorrow i will call him again.

also will be asking the court to send me form N244 as time made a goodwill part payment after i had filed

after i have supplied them with a signed authority from my husband they want to settle this claim (they say!!!).

They do not want to talk anymore on my ge claims against deb and topshop as they say they cannot find the missing data (see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/29160-sarah-ge-money.html ) Keep watching!

ok as i never heard anymore from them and now they have submitted a defense (its very short), i will start preparing my court bundle. still waiting for the court to send me n244 so i can ammend the amount being claimed as they have already goodwilled some of it back. will update as soon as i have news

• 2 weeks later...

returned allocation questionnaire yesterday- just on the deadline- phew! more waiting to follow!!!!

• 1 month later...
How you doing Sarah?, just got my full settlement letter this morning, cheque to follow!!!

Excellent news, have you been speaking and negiotaing with them?

I have a hearing date but have not heard anything else from them as yet.