style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/tens-of-thousands-to-attend-antibrexit-march-through-central-london-a3286176.html

Perhaps if they had done that on the 23rd July, then perhaps the vote might have gone the other way !!

It seems to me that there is a section of the population that thinks it can appeal any decision it doesn't like, ad infinitum, until it gets an answer it likes. You see it on the employment forum and the legal one sometimes.

Illegitimi non carborundum

There are people in France saying similar things about Europe, CB. Too much sovereignty with Brussels, the project has gone too far and people feel out of touch. The Front National were talking about a referendum before our vote and are keener now they know the result.

If enough countries say the same, maybe Brussels will have to change.

I think perhaps the Brexit campaigners should have perhaps had a hand in advising how things would work in the event of a leave vote.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Leave campaign didn't have a plan and assumed that if they did win, they'd use no 10's plan.

Boris was a good journalist IMO and is a bright man. He was also Europe correspondent for one of the major papers, so at least he understands how Europe works.

I just hope he doesn't make us a laughing stock.

That possibly is happening in some companies, CB.

But OH's company was bought by Americans a couple of years ago because they wanted a presence in Europe. Now they've seen the result of the Brexit vote, they're actively looking to move head office from London to Paris asap. They won't be the only ones.

Plus, you have companies that might have come to London if we were going to be in Europe, who will now look elsewhere to base their companies. Both of these are likely to see jobs lost.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure why the taxpayer would be paying Mischon. I can't find a recent article, but this one from the Guardian says Mishcon are acting for anonymous clients. I wouldn't be surprised if that was big businesses.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/jul/03/parliament-must-decide-whether-or-not-to-leave-the-eu-say-lawyers

HB

• 1 month later...
It is less then half the people that voted which is less then the majority and the point of voting is you go with the majority, how is it possible any other way ?..

I'm not arguing with that, I'm just saying that people who voted to remain are still entitled to express their opinions after the vote.

HB

I'm keeping it civil, never used word'stupid so I think you may send reminder to where false allegations came from. I don't feel comfortable to be accused ot something I've never wrote, neither silenced, mocked because I didn't exercise the right to vote. Also, contributers should keep to the topic and if they have issues in other areas, they can start thread about illegal immigration, assylum seekers elsewhere. It's simple rule that was repeatedly broken.

I don't recall anyone using the word stupid. If they did, please say which post.

HB

Kevin Maguire wrote this in the Mirror yesterday. Not my favourite paper, but interesting comments.

Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and Michael Gove are slippery charlatans who weaved a web of treachery to promote their jaundiced ideologies above the nation’s true interest

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/its-time-blame-brexiteers-economic-9059814

HB

• 3 weeks later...
You are wrong about most of people cast there vote for the Tories or any other party,the last time a government was elected with more than 50% of the vote was in 1931

That's why I've never agreed with the first past the post system. I think we'll find that Uncle Bulgaria feels the same way.

HB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks