Parkes V Mbna

superam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just spoke to a guy at mbna because they keep harassing me for 1 late payment, mentioned the OFT ruling and he said that they will be bringing there charges into line but they have until the end of may to challenge the ruling. he also said that any charges already paid will not be paid back. Took his name (NIALL ext 56219) and told him i'll ring him back in about 3 months time and ask him how he thinks i should spend this money that he said i WONT get back. Up for this BIG TIME.

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved my list of charges from them, i've got 2 accounts but only got details for 1 account even though the covering letter stated for both accounts.

Phoned them and are sending details of other account. Checked this 1 and found £800 in charges, presume other 1 will be about the same. Stange thing happened to me today. inland revenue rang me a said i'd paid to much TAX and there's a cheque in the post for £2100. HAPPY DAYS.

• 2 weeks later...

£2K did'nt last long lol. Got all charges now, £1365 in total. repayment letter gone today. E-mail'ed Rhodes about harassment calls as well last week, dont seem to be getting them any more, might have worked. TICK TICK TICK

Recieved another letter today re; an e-mail i sent to Michael Rhodes about harrassment phone calls. They apoligised 4 times in the letter and promised to take me off there list.If anyone else is having the same with them, it might help to send him a quick reminder. His e-mail is on this thread.

Totaled up £1395 on both my cards so decided to ring them and give them the oppotunity to settle before more costs are added when court action begins, AND IT WILL HAPPEN, waiting for them to get back to me. Will post reply.

Letter stated to speak to a guy called Gareth Tunnicliffe but a lady called Evonne rang me back. She seemed nice enough, she offered me £580 in settlement, which i politly refused. Gonna get back to me agian later.

These guys are such a bunch of arrogant wasters ! They really think they are above everyone else. They probably said to themselves, well we've offered money so we'll just sit back and see what happens next. The annoying thing is that they make decisions like that but don't let you know even though they say they will call, they just put the bal back in your court :-)

Keep going strong though !

Interesting, this never happened to me.

What I would do is write back and accept their offer of refund and explain that you are not in a position to settle the debt in full and will continue to make your minimum monthly payments as and when they are due. I would try not to leave the letter too open and just ask for confirmation that they accept this from you.

Who was the letter off ?

I can't see as they would do much after the 60 days. They would lose money if the debt was sold on so they may as well get what they can out of you. I think this is probably a scare tactic more than anything.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks