international calls.Best sim card

newmoses
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will be travelling to France next week,and am looking for a sim card for use in France to call and text back to the U.K. I have looked at several deals but none are suitable.Ideally,I am looking for around 1,000 international minutes and around 200 text messages.I hav elooked at 02,vodaphone,3,I.D(who I currently have a contract with), but none give a good deal for the prices they are charging.Lyca mobile have some amazing offers,but after reading some reviews,I am not so sure.........Is there anyone on here who has been to Europe, and used a sim for contacting the U.K.?.If so, who was the best provider please?

I will be travelling to France next week,and am looking for a sim card for use in France to call and text back to the U.K. I have looked at several deals but none are suitable.Ideally,I am looking for around 1,000 international minutes and around 200 text messages.I hav elooked at 02,vodaphone,3,I.D(who I currently have a contract with), but none give a good deal for the prices they are charging.Lyca mobile have some amazing offers,but after reading some reviews,I am not so sure.........Is there anyone on here who has been to Europe, and used a sim for contacting the U.K.?.If so, who was the best provider please?

Options:

A) French (local) SIM card. Useful for local calls and data but not useful for receiving calls on your UK number (unless your current UK provider has a "calls over internet option", like TUgo on O2, where you can make and receive calls from your UK package, using a 'local SIM card').

Also doesn't allow you to receive SMS on your existing UK number (absent use of TUgo or its equivalent).

What network do you have a(ny) contract SIM(s) on in the UK?

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

B) 3 PAYG SIM, with an 'add-on' bundle, and "Feel at Home", where you can use your UK call, text, and data allowance without roaming charges in a Feel At Home Country.

This has the added benefit of allowing you to call forward your current UK number to your 3 PAYG number (most UK networks allow you to forward your calls to another UK mobile number), so you can receive calls made to your usual UK number free of charge on your 3 PAYG SIM. (SMS's wont be forwarded, though)

£25 will give you a 3 PAYG SIM with 12Gb of roaming data ("all you can eat" in the UK, but no tethering), 3000 texts, but 500 minutes rather than 1000. Mind you, 1000 minutes in 10 days... you want to be on calls on the phone for 1 2/3 hours a day?.

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/pay_as_you_go/Phone_tariffs

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home#dest

I've used both in the past when traveling. My preferred solution (being on O2) is to use TuGo as an app on my phone, with a foreign SIM in it, giving me the advantages of a 'local SIM', while also allowing me access to my usual UK number (calls and texts) through the app.

I used 3 when I went to california in may. Didn't cost a penny extra and calls were charged out of my normal allowance on the card

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D