ROG order - the Car Finance Co. - but I've sold it - Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all...to srat with I have been totally stupid and landed myself right in it.

Car on Finance...Unemployed...couldnt afford...over one third...thought would make a little profit and settle finance.

June 2015 Advertised. 'Dealer turned up...bought car...showed me a bank document suggesting that he had paid the finance company and gave me the difference...approx 700 quid.

I was relieved to be out of a sticky situation....treated for stress and depression and still am being to date.

Guess what....you knew it already...dealer was not a dealer.....a tidy [problem] to get a nice car for 700 quid....I am left holding the baby...so to speak.

So Now there is a return of goods order. Despite this I have been in contact with the finance co and I am making payments based on affordability having consulted debt line or something.

They are turning up with a truck knowing full well that I dont have the car.....I have explained the situation. I accept full responsibility and I am making payments but they are now adding on charges.

I am going out of my mind.

Incidentally the car was not registered on HPI but now it is. Since then I have another vehicle on Finance...which surely wouldnt happen if I was showing as default on call credit or whatwever,

I am so confused and extrrmely worried

name names please

who is the finance co and who has got the ROG ..the same?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok

not a lot they can do then

and any spurious charges can be reclaimed.

I take it the car was not yours to sell

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Absolutely and almost entirely my fault. I have accepted that and I am trying to put it right, but there is only so much I can do.

I was being treated for depression at the time ( and still am ) and was not making the best choices or decisions. The 'dealer' was obviously some form of [problem] merchant looking for a quick profit.

I have accepted full repsonsibility but it seems they do not really want to believe me or accept anything I say.

I have no reason to lie here because by doing that I would make it worse for me. The idea here is to get it resolved not just keep trying to deny having the vehicle. I have told them and written a statement of the whole incident.

What is more difficult is that I now have a different mobile number and a different Bank Account.

The 'dealer' I have heard further stories which i believe are the same person but I simply cannot recall what he said was the name of his business.

There were three gentleman of Indian/pakistani/ or whatever nationality talking amongst themselves and I am convinced they new fully what they were doing.

It is the first time in my life anything like this has happened to me and it is making me ill.

I am trying to take responsibility and do what I can but I do not have the vehicle, I do not know where the person is, I do not have any contact details, and I did receive a DVLA slip thanking me for notification of a keeper change. This has no information on it.

No further documentation was exchanged or offered. TBH....I should perhaps have been suspisious....they travelled a long way and seemed to be in a rush. All the signs really but I cannot turn back the clock. In fact I was worried as I have never even sold a car before in my life.

The whole thing has gone wrong and its now difficult to deal with.

Did you obtain permission to sell their car?

Did you report the dealer to the police when you discovered what had happened?

They would be entitled sadly to report it as stolen

and they will certainly want full settlement of any outstanding balance

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I agree, the finance company can report it as stolen, and will want the balance.

OP, did you report the fraud / theft to the police / ActionFraud? If not, it might add to concern that "you were in on it"?

I doubt the OP will be liable for criminal prosecution for theft / fraud, if they can claim they had no dishonest intent, evidenced by reporting the theft/fraud promptly.

That won't let them 'off the hook' in terms of civil liability to the finance company for parting with the finance company's property (the car!), but at least they can't go to jail for that, only owe money. Scant solace, I'm sure, but if reported, the OP shouldn't be worrying about "can I be prosecuted".