Solicitor Required

PeterWright
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I would like to find a solicitor that would act to defend me in a litigation case - I would hope that mediation or a 'round table' discussion could be held prior to litigation. The case has had a Barristers opinion and that is 65% chance of success the claim value including damages and fees to date is circa £200K.

I have previously had a large firm of solicitors dealing with it and felt frustrated with delays and lack of help.

I want a small sole practitioner or similar.

The claim is backed by DAS and paid for via insurance,

the rate agreed previously was £201.00 ph.

Please message me if you feel you can help and have the time to deal with this,

a note the other party has sufficient funds to pay the damages/fees.

Hello there.

I'm afraid it's against site rules to recommend lawyers. You could look on the Law Society website for small firms in your area. It has the facility to search for the speciality you want as well.

Then you could ring a couple for a quick chat to see if they have the knowledge to help you.

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/for-the-public/using-a-solicitor/find-a-solicitor/

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Why don't you tell us what the problem is. We will be able to give you some better advice

Peter, a solicitor that specializes, or at minimum, handles many of a given kind of case is always the best bet. Personally, I would never go for a sole practitioner. They have limited time and only their own areas of expertise to rely on.

Thank you, with the perceived strength of my case I really do not believe that it will reach the stage of litigation (I would hope) therefore with the 'Expert' opinion of a Barrister already I would hope that it will be resolved with ADR or a simple discussion. I don't see that the solicitor requires an extensive knowledge of this particular area of law as the barrister has that already and has provided a detailed opinion? I may be wrong...

Peter, a new solicitor might not want to use the opinion, or indeed the services in court, of the present barrister. S/he might have his own preferred barrister who he knows gets results in court. I can understand that you want to avoid actual litigation but a soft approach does not help in the early stages of a dispute ! As regards the solicitor's level of knowledge winning a case involves much more than knowledge of the law. There is tactics, procedure etc etc and a solicitor who has been there many times before in a given type of case is almost always the best bet.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread