'Caught shoplifting' (no shoplifting was involved)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

i went to my local ASDA supermarket today,

when i got to the tills i realised i hadnt trasnfered my shopping money from my savings to my current account,

so i went to leave my trolley in the foyer when the alarms went off

the security gaurd came over to me and asked to see my receipt,

i explained that i hadnt yet paid because i needed to go back to the car to use the phone to transfer my funds,

he didnt believe me and branded me a shoplifter which im highly embarrased about,

after they banned me from all stores

i went and transfered the money and paid,

im not understanding what the problem is?

in their eyes i was taking the shopping without paying but i wasnt atall!!

if i go to another asda store (not that im going to want to now)

how will they know that im banned from all stores?

and im worried that my picture will be put up or something,

i was goiing to complain but i have read some of the threads on here and it looks like there would be no point?

Complain to the store manager in writing about the conduct of their security. You should have really given the trolley to Asda staff before the tills and explained the problem. Instead you went beyond the tills into the foyer which set off the alarm. The security officer does not know you at all. All they saw was someone headed for the exit with a trolley of unpaid goods.

I doubt you are banned at all. There will be no picture of you in the security office at all Asda stores.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi and welcome to CAG

I agree with UB in that you should have left the trolley however, that is by the by now. You did take the trolley past the point of sale as the foyer is after the tills. Not a good idea.

You can of course complain to Asda but I think they won't do much as you made the choice of taking the trolley out of the store (as such)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

Just a thought - you could possibly write to their head office? and explain the situation in detail of what actually happened.

Depending on where you live go to this site and just type in your postcode to find the head office of your local store ->>https://www.asda.jobs/search-results/?businessunit=head+office or take it one more level and email or write to the CEO of Asda >>

Andy Clarke (andy.clarke@asda.co.uk)

Southbank,

Great Wilson Street,

Leeds,

LS11 5AD

I would state to them/him that you have been a loyal customer for many years and you are very sorry that you made a huge mistake by not asking for assistance or leaving your trolley with an assistant (or security) away from the foyer.

You can only apologise profusely and say that you would or could not make that same mistake again. Given that is your local store I am sure they would not want to lose their loyal customers.

Give this a go?

HTH

Bloomingflower x