Hospital request for medical records

dannykrinkles2016
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a detained paitent in a hospital and I am eeding to get access to my medical notes.

The hospital wrote to me and said the DPA request I sent was valid and that it would tae them 40 days to respomd.

But the hospital wrote to me again and said they wouldnt be able to meet the deadline .

They gave no excuse at all.

I would like a copy of one of my reports

Please can you help me?

SCN_0004.jpg

I am a detained paitent in a hospital and I am eeding to get access to my medical notes.

The hospital wrote to me and said the DPA request I sent was valid and that it would tae them 40 days to respomd.

But the hospital wrote to me again and said they wouldnt be able to meet the deadline .

They gave no excuse at all.

I would like a copy of one of my reports

Please can you help me?

What section are you detained under?. Do you have an Independent Mental Health Advocate?.

The report you are seeking may be witheld from you (in whole or in part) in certain situations, that include if the healthcare professionals concerned believe that information in the records would cause serious harm to your physical or mental health, or if the records "relate to and identify another person."

This process may be causing the delay. Did they tell you when to expect the report by?.

The report expectation date is on the letter attached to the previous post.

Im on a section 3

If this is the case maybe we need to do something about NHS foundation Trusts not complying with there own rules.

Government guidelines say the info will be released within 21 days but the law says 40 which both deadlines have passed.

The report expectation date is on the letter attached to the previous post.

Im on a section 3

If this is the case maybe we need to do something about NHS foundation Trusts not complying with there own rules.

Government guidelines say the info will be released within 21 days but the law says 40 which both deadlines have passed.

The "expectation date" is on that letter but you noted:

"But the hospital wrote to me again and said they wouldnt be able to meet the deadline ."

Hence me asking (regarding the second letter) "Did they tell you when to expect the report by?."

Do you have an IMHA?.

You could send them a letter noting that they have exceeded the 40 days and not yet told you when you can expect your reply by.

Note that you are seeking clarification as an alternative to an immediate complaint to the ICO.