Just had phone call from DWP telling me my ESA is ending today(8 weeks after my medical)???

TIPOVTONG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had phone call from DWP telling me my ESA is ending today(8 weeks after my medical)???

I had my medical on the 1st July 2016,which as usual I have received "0"points!

They have told me I have to make a claim today (so that I get a continuation of benefit??)

Can somebody please tell me if they can do this with no warning?

And will this cause problems with my housing benefit/council tax(which happened to me before, whilst waiting for my appeal and took months to sort out(but lost out on a lot of benefit) so now i'm terrified that its going to happen again!!!!

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

i had the same a few weeks ago after getting 14 points , and unfortunately the answer is yes they can and do, i now have to sign on for jsa every two weeks whilst i wait for the mandatory review before i can start the appeal process, hb and ct were a bit of a problem as they wanted to see the formal dissension letter which only came three weeks later, before the would change me over but now it just going through the drudgery of the jsa process until they get their fingers out/

Just thought I would post on here re your Council Tax benefit. If you can go and see the Council or phone them and explain your circumstances. It can be a bit scary because between benefits (ESA to JSA then if you go to Tribunal back from JSA to ESA - if that makes sense) the Council tend to send you a letter suspending your benefit. This suspension generally doesn't happen but there is a delay between the DWP telling the Council you have left one benefit and telling them that you are on another benefit. Therefore the Councils computers tend to send out letters saying any Council Tax benefit is suspended because it is unaware you are actually changing from one benefit to another. The phone calls I have made in panic because I thought my Council Tax benefit was suspended only to be told the confirmation of a new benefit was delayed always gets me every time, however if you get in there first and talk to the council at least you can let them know what is happening and hopefully avoid these scary letters.

This time around from going from ESA following the F2F farce to JSA the council would appear to have been none the wiser no letters from them or landlord telling me rent hasn't been paid ,same when i did the reverse following the MR decision, even though they failed to close the jsa claim down properly which resulted in a break /delay of 2 weeks before ESA payments re started,

Last year was a different story, once ESA stopped council suspended HB i had to declare no income, before they would make further payments, and the JSA claim took longer to set up, followed by a sanction ,but i was paid from the last day the JSA was paid upto so didn't loose any money in the end,as was back onto esa following MR,

Thanks

Thanks,DWP said I have to claim for "UNIVERSAL BENIFIT"today so as not loose continuationof benefit?

I have read somewhere that if you are claiming JSA whilst you are awaiting a MR decision you should claim JSA , not UC JSA, so someone may have given you the incorrect information