Exeter Rugby Club told its name is offensive.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a load of politically correct rubbish, this woman it just out to make a name for herself, get a life, big ego trip, get her name on the front page in the press, nothing offensive in it these people will look to find fault in anything.

Exeter Chiefs urged to change 'offensive' name by Native American expert

Calls for Premiership rugby club Exeter Chiefs to scrap ‘Red Indian’ theme because fans dressing in headdresses with toy tomahawks is ‘offensive’

Calls for Premiership rugby club Exeter Chiefs to scrap 'Red Indian ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/.../calls-for-premiership-rugby-club-exeter-chiefs-to-scrap-r...

1. Cached

2 days ago - Exeter Chiefs premiership rugby team urged to ban fans dressing up as native ... Professor of early modern American History Rachel Herrmann has attacked their ... The Southampton University boffin said:”We need to remember that ... A campaign to get the Redskins to change their name has been going ...

Exeter Chiefs urged to change 'offensive' name by Native American ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36965975

1. Cached

2 days ago - Exeter Chiefs should change their name and stop "playing Indian" according ... She said it evoked "Britain's forgotten imperial American past".

I get very annoyed (not) when people call themselves British or English. There are very few people living in the UK whose ancestors going back 1000 years lived in the UK. I think the Welsh are the most pure breed in the UK and the rest of us are mongrels. My family through basic searches came from Germany and moved to the UK in about 1400. I think on my Mums side, they originate from Eastern Europe going back to again about 1400. Most people who consider themselves white British come from Northern European mainland or Scandinavia.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I get very annoyed (not) when people call themselves British or English. There are very few people living in the UK whose ancestors going back 1000 years lived in the UK. I think the Welsh are the most pure breed in the UK and the rest of us are mongrels. My family through basic searches came from Germany and moved to the UK in about 1400. I think on my Mums side, they originate from Eastern Europe going back to again about 1400. Most people who consider themselves white British come from Northern European mainland or Scandinavia.

What has that got to do with Exeter Rugby Club?????

Films, football, beer, and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds.

To keep them in control was not difficult…. All that was required of them was a primitive patriotism

What the hell are you talking about, sounds like a right load of gibberish to me.

Subject Exeter Rugby Club.

What has that got to do with Exeter Rugby Club?????

It was in reference to 'native' issue, where people start raising issues about ethnicity and using any name or emblems.

It is a nonsense as people have celebrated other cultures for years. Many kids dress up as cowboys and indians around the world.

I just don't like labelling or people raising such complaints as it is rubbish.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

It was in reference to 'native' issue, where people start raising issues about ethnicity and using any name or emblems.

It is a nonsense as people have celebrated other cultures for years. Many kids dress up as cowboys and indians around the world.

I just don't like labelling or people raising such complaints as it is rubbish.

Sorry I miss interpreted you post it did not sink in you reference to cowboys and Indians,

there lots of American football clubs that use American Indian names just to mention one the Redsocks.

The British submarine HMS Totem was given a totem pole as a good luck charm, on presentation the boast company was told that nothing would ever happen to the boat as long as it was on board, and nothing ever did.

She was sold to the Israelis renamed and the totem was removed, not long after sailing she was lost at sea, with all hands.

How about these names:-

HMS Mohawk-HMS Zulu, there are lots more names used over the years, without a problem.

HMS Totem (P352) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Totem_(P352)

1. Cached

2. Similar

HMS Totem was a Group 3 T-class submarine of the Royal Navy which entered service in the last few months of World War II. To-date, she is the only ship of the Royal Navy to have been named Totem. Totem was sold to Israel in 1965 and commissioned into the Israeli Sea Corps in 1967 as INS Dakar.

Commissioned‎

People feel entitled to be offended and to complain.

My Mothers Maiden name suggest her ancestors were from Ireland & she had Ginger/Red Hair originally, many people centuries ago moved from Ireland it seems work wise!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

My Mothers Maiden name suggest her ancestors were from Ireland & she had Ginger/Red Hair originally, many people centuries ago moved from Ireland it seems work wise!

Irish and British people have moved around the world for hundreds of years. There are very few countries in the world that don't have an Irish pub.

Most people in the UK are not ethnically British. HM The Queen comes from German stock.

I only mentioned ethnicity because there was a media article looking at being British actually means you are a mixture of different breeds.

Donald Trump moaned about Mexicans and who should be in the US etc. Pretty stupid considering that going back along time ago, there were many current US states including California, New Mexico where they had Mexicans already living there. It was their territory before European Whites arrived.