DWP Are Useless

Swampey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Around 2015 I came in to about 10k and informed the DWP about getting the money and how I was going to depose of it... 7k CC debt and 2K on OD.....told them this when I wrote to them....they cut my benefits cause of it...£60 every month

12 months in 2016 later there writing to me about this 10K.... spoke to them and got told you didn't tell us the change in your circumstances ?, lady I spoke to asked me to send in proof of money spent ... ie bank statements and everything will be sorted...... which I did within days .....Now they come back getting the letter today 5th ... wife's income, housing cost, dependents and expecting a reply by 8th... are they dumb or something.....and this is besides they 35 mins it took to get my call answered.....

Ive done what I was asked to do last month by sending them the proof..... so whats all this other crap they are diggin at... I have nothing to hide......

Yep stay off the phone, keep EVERYTHING in writing and copy in your local MP of the shambles they continue to preside over.

Start the DWP's internal complaints process, and always escalate it as far as you're able.

Demand your local MP explain the actions of their government department, and the continued persecution of the sick, disabled, and poorest members of our society.

Copy EVERYTHING you send, obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter, send them a SAR which is free, to get all of the information they hold on you, and correspondence sent between both parties, this will//should expose their lies in that you didn't inform them of a 'change in circumstances'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-request-for-personal-information

We know they're useless, they know they're useless, they do this deliberately, MP's & Politicians have deliberately and systematically allowed them to carry out these crimes with impunity, hence why you must hold your local MP to account.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well, I know from personal inside experience that there are areas in which the DWP is institutionally incompetent, but let's hold off on the ritual "flaying alive with rocksalt bath" until we have established what they actually want and why they are asking for this information.

First off, if they've asked you for the exact same information twice within a month then that's obviously an error on their part - probably down to miscommunication between separate parts of the DWP. So by all means complain about that. Here's what I'm reading from the OP: one year ago, OP told them he had received £10k and that he intended to use this to pay off debts but had not yet actually done so. Accordingly, they applied the capital rules and stopped £60 per month from his benefit payments. A year later they reviewed this, as they always do - any time payments are reduced because of capital, a reminder is set for 12 months and they contact the claimant to see if anything has changed.

So they did this, and they seem to be saying that they were not informed that the money had been spent. Were they informed? I know they were told about the intention to spend the money, but were they told after the fact?

Also, have they indicated why they are asking for further information? It seems to me that they may be looking to consider whether deprivation of capital rules should be applied, but there could be other reasons (Compliance review, for example) that they're requesting more details. So yes, it's good advice to stick to writing, and no-one can safely assume that the DWP will get things right all the time - mistakes happen far more often than they should. Complaints are all well and good, and I will never tell anyone not to complain, but it would still be useful to establish what's actually behind all of this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Just let me say that when dealing with these people (and I don't only mean the DWP) "proof of posting i.e POP" should really read 1st class signed for, Sorry but what POP only shows is that you sent a letter what it does not show is that that same letter arrived at destination.

!st class signed for is not to expensive (average £2.00 for large letter) and you can go onto the Royal Mail website and do a track and trace with the number on the receipt which will show exactly when it was delivered to the address and more importantly someone at that address signed for it.

It's all about paper trails and what you can prove and this is why the vast majority of people on this site would probably advise using a signed for service.

Since using 1st class myself I have never had a important letter disappear.

Also from a security point of view, You are sending documents containing personal details (bank statements, addresses, wifes details etc) these are details which fraudsters, sc am artists love to get hold of. The freepost envelope that they send you is only second class post (most times) but that means that info you are sending could be floating around the RM postal services for upto 5 days working days. 1st class signed for is normally delivered next working day (it could take 2 working days dependent on your location within the UK).

Sorry for the way that sc am is written, that post was flagging a [problem] if I wrote it without the space in between