Parking eye--PCN-charnock richard services m6 north

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

My daughter back in May received 2 Parking charge notices from parking eye for her car being parked at Charnock Richard Services on the m6 north,

she checked the dates when her car was parked and being that i am the only other person to drive her car and plus the fact she rarely drives on the motorway it was clear that it was in fact me driving the car at the time,

when she called parking eye she gave them my details to which i do not have a problem with.

Now i have the 2 parking charges and they are asking me to pay £100 for each of these or £60 each if i pay within the 14 days of this order being sent to me,

i spoke to parking eye this afternoon and they have said it has been put on hold for 14 days to allow me to appeal and after that they will pursue it further,

i have seen a few appeals have been won by not clear signage and parking eye not being the landowner etc

i am wondering if this is the case and how do i go about it.

I would really appreciate it if anybody could help me with this.

Hello and welcome to CAG. It's a shame your daughter told Parking Eye it was you, but all is not lost.

How hard would it be for you to get photos of the signs or do you have them already please? The forum guys should be along later with advice for you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello and welcome to CAG. It's a shame your daughter told Parking Eye it was you, but all is not lost.

How hard would it be for you to get photos of the signs or do you have them already please? The forum guys should be along later with advice for you.

My best, HB

I could drive up i have 14 days from today you see

I could drive up i have 14 days from today you see

Thank you. Let's see what the knowledgeable people say, don't drive up there on my say so. :) They should be along later, maybe they're watching the football. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Right, she has now removed the protection of the POFA so if she gets any more of these demands DO NOT contact the parking co. It ay be that you will have to pay them because of the rush to speak to PE when the best approach is always ask for advice first and then act on it accordingly.

It is likely that the best thing to do is see whether PE have a contract with the landowner rather than a third party and also whether they have Planning Permission for their signage. You can ask the relevant local council about the latter but generally the former is harder to dig out because they would normally have a contract with the franchise that runs the services but the DoT owns the land but it is not always the case.

You could stall them by demanding proof of contractual obligation by getting them to say what entity they have the contract with as you do not believe that they have the right to eneter into contracts with motorists visiting that site and require "strict proof" of such a right.

Whilst you are waiting for their reply you should get the answer back about the PP and then if they dont have it you can 1) tell them to f*** off as their attemt to get money is fraud and 2) report tem to that council for the criminal activity of misrepresenting their position to make a pecuniary advantage, contrary to the Theft Act due to the lack of PP (a criminal offence thus making anything they gain from it criminal)

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.