Regulator to charge airlines £150 for flight delay complaints

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The CAA's plan for airlines to sign up to ombudsman type schemes hasn't been a success.

So far, only Thompson have signed up.

To encourage a greater take-up, from 1 June, airlines which haven’t signed up to an ombudsman scheme will have to pay £150 for complaints made to the CAA.

The change could push airlines to settle legitimate claims more quickly, to avoid incurring a charge for escalated complaints. It may also push airlines to sign up to ombudsman schemes if they’re cheaper.

The complaints service will continue to be free to passengers.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2016/05/caa-to-charge-airlines-150-to-investigate-flight-delay-complaints-as-ombudsman-schemes-stall?_ga=1.101036417.1454227081.1456681947

I do not know if this is relevant but this morning i took an Easy jet fligt fro Liverpool to Belfast. We sat on the runway for 2.5 hours while engineers fixed a fault with the planes computer.

We all were left thinking things like this happens and we still made it home though two hours later than scheduled.

Why would people such of me make a compensation calim?