Employer from 2009/2010 didn't pay NI and PAYE

chrissy7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, My friend recently found that his employer from 2009/2010 hadn't registered him with HMRC PAYE but they have deducted the paye and NI from his salary and gave him payslips. Also the company was dissolved somewhere in 2012/2013 and noway he could contact them.

He only found out when he inquired hmrc about his employment history for the past 6 years which he needed for his visa application.

How can he update hmrc records with this employment when the employer can not be found? What is the best resolution for him?

Thanks.

Has he still got the pay slips from the years in question ?

If so, forward copies on to HMRC and let them pursue the matter.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Yes, he still have them. Luckily he saved all the docs used for his Visa application.

What are the chances of hmrc updating their records when the company doesn't exist anymore? and he is worried, hmrc would pin this on him and come after him for the unpaid taxes even though the company has deducted from his salary.

Sadly he has only payslips and a company letter from the employment. And no p45 or p60.

if he has the pay slips then in no way can anybody get at him, if he shows HMRC the copies then the onus is on them to act against employer (who maybe under investigation anyway) so speak to them and give them copies of the evidence showing deductions!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: