Vodafone Price Rises... Are You Affected...?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ladies & Gents, Yet another reason why any Vodafone Customers must think about if Voda is the right choice for them.

Mobile operator Vodafone has recently started to text customers in order to warn them about an impending price rise that will affect many of their standard out-of-bundle charges, as well as roaming charges in EU regulated countries, all of which are due to hit on 23rd July 2016.

New Charges are listed below at this link;

We’re making two important changes on 23 July 2016. These are changes to roaming charges in EU-regulated countries, and changes to out-of-bundle charges.

This page explains what these changes are and how they’ll affect you.As they’ll happen automatically, you won’t need to do anything.

We hope you’ll stay with us, but as these changes will increase your monthly bill by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI), currently 1.3%, you’re entitled to end your agreement without charge.

Screenshot_1.png

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So here is a golden opportunity for anyone who is fed up with Vodafone's antics, to jump ship.

In theory this should be straightforward, however Vodafone systems seem to be so creaky and their customer service seems to be so poor and one-sided, that no doubt many people who do decide to leave Vodafone will have problems.

I would imagine that Vodafone would have difficulty putting together a system that allows people to part company with them smoothly, to port their telephone numbers, and not end up with threats of cancellation charges and all the rest simply because they are taking Vodafone up on the suggestion that this might be a time to leave.

In particular, I wonder what is going to happen to people who would like to leave Vodafone but who – according to Vodafone – still owe them some money. Vodafone then going to take a position that if you don't pay us what we think you owe us, then we will not let you go and you will have to pay out higher bills? In my view, this would be completely unlawful.

If you are in dispute with Vodafone and they say that you owe them money, then if you feel that these price rises are sufficient to persuade you to change provider, then my view is that you should be able to do so and Vodafone will have to do resolve their outstanding dispute with you separately.

I doubt whether Vodafone's systems are up to this kind of conundrum.

Let's see.