Stevie D v Barclays

stevied
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, managed to stop myself jumping around with joy when I saw this site. I utterly despise Barclays and all the damage they have done to me down the years, Now it is my chance to bite back.

Contacted them, got the usual tattle. Called Indian call centre, managed to get my statements sent through for nothing when I argued the toss.

Totted up all the charges over the last 6 years (the account has been closed for 2 years and they sold off the debt to a collection agency, do I have a case with that too???) - came to £1375.

Sent off the letter and spreadsheet, got a delaying letter.

Another letter and received 50% offer. Now sent off the letter declining this offer but accepting it in part payment of full amount. Requested a cheque as my account with them is closed.

Anybody know where I stand with this sold on debt? Would be interested to know your replies...

Thanks

Steve

Barclays -

- initial letter sent

- LBA sent 30/10/06

- settlement "good will" offer 10/11/06

- rejection letter sent 11/11/06

It is RMA in Preston, and if not mistaken, just may be an offshoot of Barclays??

Thanks Spotted Dog, realised that soon as I posted and couldn't edit it out!!

Barclays -

- initial letter sent

- LBA sent 30/10/06

OK, received the standard rebuttal letter for their goodwill payment.

Full of the usual - bank's position etc....

So, now I have to file my claim. Do people on working tax credit have to pay the court costs? And do I have to file the claim in person?

Any help/assistance on this stage would be great because I want to nail this bank once and for all.

I really do feel like phoning them up, but it is a waste of time I feel, and I know I would blow my top.

Barclays -

- initial letter sent

- LBA sent 30/10/06

What if I cannot afford the fee?

The fee you will have to pay to the court will depend on the amount you are claiming, including interest. You will have to pay a court fee unless:

• you or your partner receive Income Support;
  • you or your partner receive Pension Credit guarantee credit;
  • you receive Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance;
  • your gross annual income is £15,050 or less, and you receive Working Tax Credit with a ‘disability element’ or ‘severe disability element’;
  • your gross annual income is £15,050 or less and you and your partner receive Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit between you;

If you show that the payment of a court fee would involve undue hardship to you, the Court Manager may reduce the fee or “remit” (say you do not have to pay) the fee.

For further information, or to apply for fee exemption or remission, ask the court staff for a copy of the combined booklet and form
EX160A - Court Fees - do I have to pay them?
This is also available from any county court office, or from our website
www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk
. You will have to make a separate application for each fee that is payable.

You have to file with form N1 and Ex160 in person/ by post at your local court. If you ring them they will tell you whether you're eligible and what documentation you need to show

• 1 month later...

Jeez, is it that long since I posted on here!! I have been lurking but not posted for a while coz sooooo busy.

I have now had the offer, refused the amount and accepted as part payment.

They refused me, so I applied to court, got my papers on Tuesday, will be deemed served on the 6th, so here's hoping.

Found the court application reasonable easy in the end, and now that I have done this, watch out other banks.

Thanks for all your help everybody.

Steve

Barclays -

- initial letter sent

- LBA sent 30/10/06

Latest update, got the court papers this week. Saying that the papers would be deemed served on Saturday, however, Thursday sees the defence and AQ drop on the doormat.

So it is up to that stage, here's hoping for a speedy outcome...

Barclays -

- initial letter sent

- LBA sent 30/10/06