style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I believe that this and the link posted in #4 are both the same case, will await confirmation on thread by OP and merge

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

click the sar

as you were advised in your thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Post 4 & 5 are the same, not sure how that occurred, apologies.

I have now sent a SAR to Barclays Bank Plc. as suggested in the first instance.

Not 100% sure where to go from here

or do I simply await the information being supplied by Barclays first before moving forward.

Thanks

Billy

I'd appreciate if you would reread my post number 23 – and follow the suggestions I have made there.

Also, you have said that this is impacted seriously upon you.

Could you please detail exactly what the impact is and what losses you have suffered.

threads merged for full history

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

These are very serious allegations and I can scarcely imagine that the incorrect information was placed on your credit file fraudulently – meaning intentionally to deceive. However, they are serious allegations and if you got all the paperwork to prove it and if you can demonstrate the losses that you have suffered then you are in a very good position and we will be pleased to help you.

I think we would like to see a copy of their letter from you admitting that they did alter the information on your credit file. You should redact this in order to remove the identifiers. Have you checked that the record is now corrected?

What evidence have you got that this has impacted you in the way that you describe and that it has caused the losses to you which you claim?

It will be very important to make sure that you have got a complete and unchallengeable file before you start to take any action.

I think you should also send an SAR to them. Do it now. You want to try and get everything that they have. When you get the disclosure then you need to check it very closely and apart from anything else see if you can spot anything that is obviously missing from it as well. This could be more important than the documents which the SAR contains.

Hi

Thank you for all your assistance in this matter.

I have today recorded a SAR to the Data Controller Barclays Bank Plc. as suggested.

The allegations that I made are perfectly correct in the respect that Barclays

changed the information on my credit file between a period in 2015.

I will log into Experian to check and download the actual time line when this happened.

I will send you a copy of the letter received from Barclays in answer to my complaint.

Barclays have stated clearly that they cannot answer my question as to why the default date was changed

to one that was totally incorrect is because they do not have the information available.

I will renew my subscription to Experian and check that my file is now updated correctly.

With regards to the statement that I have made regarding the losses

and the impact upon myself and my family is summed up quite easily.

I lost a job quite quickly in April this year, this was unexpected and quite sudden.

My ability to obtain a loan from the main lenders was severely impacted

due to the incorrect information that Barclays had placed on my credit file.

I had to make a decision to drawdown monies from my personal pension

to honour my on-going financial commitments to my creditors and my family.

I would not have taken monies from my pension in the normal events

should my credit file have been clear as of the 4th of January 2016.

I would have simply taken out a loan that would have satisfied our commitments

until such time as I was back in work.

This is money that cannot be replaced back into my pension, it is lost forever through no fault of mine.

I am so annoyed that a Plc Bank can do so much harm to a person

through acting in an obviously negligent way with peoples personal data.

I hope that the above makes sense

I am happy to collate all of the paperwork

and hopefully all of the paper chase that shows exactly what and when all of this transpired.

I look forward to your comments.

Kind regards

Billy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just a quick follow up to ask if you have seen my reply regarding the impact against my personal situation as requested.

Not to sure if I am replying to the correct link/thread.

Please kindly advise.

Billy

One of the questions billy was how much in monetary terms have you suffered as a result of this?

This will of course have an impact on how best to deal with it going forward

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Hi Billy,

Yes, Bankfodder needs you to quantify the actual financial loss(es) you suffered, or costs you incurred, as a consequence of the bank's action.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Barclays registered a default on my file about 6 months later than they should have done

resulting in my credit rating being low until Jan 17 when all of my defaults would have cleared by August this year.

after reading this,

I will keep a check that the date isn't changed on mine!

I know that they register defaults later then they should but I've not heard of one actually being altered.

But, just one question regarding your loan application.

You say that you applied for it after losing your job so if you were unemployed at the time,

I wouldn't have thought you would have been able to get a loan on that basis alone

so why do you think that it was declined due to the default?

It is possible to get a loan nowadays with some companies if you do have defaults.

Hi Dotty

Yes defaults have been amended in the past. But with great difficulty at times.

As for the loan element, yes you can get a loan with defaults but you need to be careful.

Not promoting a site here but on Stride Financial is one of them that I decided to scrutinise earlier last year.

I decided to see how much a loan of £10k over 5 years would be, turned out to be with their highest APR... Turns out to be 33k...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I agree 100% with you fkofilee, great care is needed but the comparison sites give clear details on what's available and the general criteria for applications.

Of course the APR is always going to be higher because of the risk element.

The OP took funds from their pension as a last resort but I just wondered if they'd researched more to obtain a loan, it might have been possible.

• 1 month later...

Click on his username send pm

and they

I agree with you, it is possible to get a loan from a loan shark (High interest).

That is not something that I would do nor is it something that I should have had to contemplate.

When my work position was becoming untenable I decided that a normal low interest loan would be the best alternative to see me over the coming months.

I duly checked out my credit file with Experian and discovered that the default date which should have expired on January 4th leaving my credit file as excellent, the dates had been changed by the bank.

I contacted Experian to inform them what had occurred, Experian was no help whatsoever and said that I would have to contact the bank direct.

I contacted Barclays numerous times regarding the situation to no avail, they said I should write into them with my complaint, this did not give me any time to organise or dispute the situation, hence I had no other option but to take alternative funds.

Barclays cannot tell me why this date was changed, they have confirmed this by letter/

I hope the above is clear as to why I acted as I did.

Billy

Hi Billy,

You'd be better posting the details of losses suffered here, rather than trying to PM Bankfodder whose PM box is often too full.

You need only tell us the nature of the losses and approx amount, so as not to compromise your anonymity too much.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

You could simply pm any of the team and we can flag it for BF to look at

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Hi

I see my losses in terms of having to have made drawdowns via my Personal Pension which amounted to around £20000, this was the amount that was required to meet my financial obligations during this period.

I would have been happy to have taken out a more beneficial option should I have been in a position to do so.

This situation was wholly due to Barclays changing the dates on my credit file, something of which I was not made aware of and did not receive any notification from Barclays whatsoever.

I have stated previously that Barclays could offer me no answer as to why this was changed and eventually corrected, unfortunately it was too late for me to change my plans to bridge this financial gap in my work life, I see this as loss that I cannot replace as far the value of my pension in the future.

I have recently received what I believe to be the cumulative data file from Barclays which they held on me, this came in the post in two separate files in response to my SAR request.

I have yet to go through the paperwork which is quite bulky

It would be helpful to know what I should actually be looking for, that being said if Barclays cant tell me why my credit file was changed how could I be expected to find it

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Billy

You should be looking for anything to do with the default notice, probably on mercers headed paper.

In addition you should look for any screen notes which may indicate why it was altered.

If there is nothing which resembles a default notice after the date of the original default then all you should need to prove any case is the original default notice, a copy of the declined credit application for normal high street loan ( this could be the search on your credit file) and a copy of the drawdown documents from your pension.

Your claim would then consist of losses which are a direct result of Barclays incorrect reporting.

What i cant tell you is how much this might be, but i would begin calculating it by what the £20000 would have made had it stayed in your pension.

Then there is also the level of compensation for the incorrect reporting of data.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Martin

I have been through all of the data that Barclays sent me.

I cannot see anything that refers to the default being changed or anything referring to the default.

I will ask Experian for information as to when this default was changed by Barclays if they will provide this to me.

I did not have the luxury of time available to sort this issue out when I discovered what Barclays had done, I needed to pay my ongoing financial responsibilities at the time and I would have obviously been refused a loan through the normal channels due to the incorrect information on my credit file.

I have in the past asked Barclays (personal contact in branch) for an increase on my £10 overdraft which was refused.

I had no option but to take the monies required from draw down through my Personal Pension scheme.

Would you have any suggestions as to the best way forward to start the ball rolling with my claim against Barclays.

Thanks

Billy

Hi BF,

Can you post up the letter we have referred to earlier, from Barclays admitting their error. Hide any identifiers first.

And also scan and post the default notice they, or mercers or whoever sent with the correct default date on, minus identifying info

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Hi BF,

Can you post up the letter we have referred to earlier, from Barclays admitting their error. Hide any identifiers first.

Hi Martin

I have uploaded a copy of the letter from Barclays as requested.

I am awaiting confirmation from Experian as to how they (Barclays) managed to change my credit file and default date from 2010 to 2014 when they openly admit to having no actual real knowledge of this in the letter attached.

What is the best course of action that you believe may be my way forward, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Billy

070916 PP Barclays No Idea comments.pdf