carphone warehouse and O2 upgrade fiasco

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Monday may 9th 2016 I tried to upgrade with Carphone warehouse to a sony Z5 compact they said it would arrive on Tuesday 10th it never did.

I received the texts below on 10th of my 7.54 and 7.56 from o2 upgrading my tariff. I NEVER GOT THIS PHONE OR A 4G SIM . On weds 11th I got this email from DPD saying they couldn’t deliver the hand set (see below)….

In the meantime o2 knocked off my emails etc. on my blackberry which lasted 3 days…o2 insisted I had the handset but promised a £10 credit for the hassle. This never arrived meanwhile I have made hours of calls to o2 and Carphone without success including an 1 hour 22 min online chat today.

I am pushed between the two companies Carphone warehouse see my order was cancelled or deleted and the handset originally allocated to me didn’t leave their warehouse.

They thought it unusual that O2 would implement a new tariff without a handset being issued. Eventually last week a Kelly Denton from Carphone warehouse spoke to O2 and enquired as to the IMMEI of the sony hand set I am supposed to have.

The number is 354282071256883 this product was sold to a totally different person who activated it etc. and it has been allocated to my account.

My phone is a blackberry bold IMMe********6006 So now we have a situation where I am paying for a 4 g service that I don’t have a phone for.

O2 are accusing me of not returning a handset that I never had…why can’t you just check with DPD that it was never delivered???? I would like to eventually upgrade with o2 but the system says I cant for 2 years. Meanwhile I am paying for a service that I cant use but someone else is.

I feel like crying with frustration as no one can help. The stock answer from O2 is Carphone warehouse needs to put the handset as returned. CPW say the whole order was cancelled and deleted the handset was never delivered…. They cant understand why 02 would put me on a tariff change when no upgrade had been issued.

This is a MASSIVE software issue and I am in the middle of it all. Just confirm to 02 that I never received the handset and compensate me for the aggravation and confirm it is all done.

O2 sent the following on May10th 2016 “O2 UK: Great news, your 4G service is ready. Just a few final steps before you get started: make sure your 4G sim is in your 4G phone. Switch your phone off then back on again. When you're in a 4G area, you'll see the 4G symbol on your phone screen. Enjoy your 4G experience on O2.

O2: Good news, we've completed your tariff change to O2 Unlimited 24M 3GB.” Carphone ref 15501690590280 Dpp ref 356834550

I am pushed between the two companies with call centres in S Africa, India and sometimes in the UK. I now have a larger invoice from O2 without the £10 compensation they promised three people at CPW promised me an update but they NEVER call me back.

The disconnection team at CPW want the new sim number. I have asked where am I supposed to find that as I the phone I ordered never came with the new 4g sim. Please help I have phoned 26.5 hours on the phone logged complaints with both companies spoken to the ombudsman. I just get the answer wait 3-5 days so sorry its a glitch..

I just want my old tariff back at O2 and acknowledgement that the new upgraded phone never arrived to me as DPP agree and just because CPW moved warehouses that weekend I must suffer. Because an upgrade has been registered I cannot leave or upgrade anywhere else. I welcome any help in advance.

Is there any chance you can put some paragraphs into your post please?

A big block of writing makes it almost impossible to read.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You must write an official complaint to both CPW and O2 addressed to the CEO of both companies.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

You must write an official complaint to both CPW and O2 addressed to the CEO of both companies.
ky

Yes I have done that and since found out today that the Sony phone that is assigned to me is in fact with someone else also with 02 . I have given both companies this other persons name,sim number and imme and mobile number. Both companies are scratching their heads and asking for 3-5 working days to come back to me !!!!!

Is there any chance you can put some paragraphs into your post please?

A big block of writing makes it almost impossible to read.

Don't know how as posted.

Any suggestions ref the content?

Have you tried to cancel the contract under the 14 day return?

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Any suggestions ref the content?

No sorry, I can't read big blocks of text, martin is helping now.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes I did it within 3 days when the phone didn't arrive. CPW marked the order as deleted rather than returned. Yesterday o2 agreed I never had the handset and some one else had the phone allocated to my account. They promised to return me me to my original tariff but yet again an error has happened. They put me back on the tariff that was upgraded by them in error and doesn't support my blackberry....hence no emails . All I want is to go back to my old tariff unlimited data with blackberry bolt on. They cant do that...why ??

Depends if you were on and old tariff. If that tariff is no longer available then they wouldnt be able to apply it.

Or it could just be another mess up!

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

My latest update. Lindsey at o2 rang me yesterday to tell me all OK and it was.Then at 9.20 pm another cheery text & email welcome to your new tariff ....yet again I lost all email ...what do I do now ??? Ombudsmen, Tony Hetherington in the Mail. The person in charge of my Complaint Nathan Richards promises a months free line rental etc. says he will ring back but doesn't.

Just spoken to O2 again... Kim in upgrades she says Lindsey had corrected me but THE SYSTEM corrected me back to the wrong tariff. The computer says no !!!

Hi

I have edited you post a bit to add some spaces. Sometimes a software glitch on CAG deletes spaces for some reason.

I wouldn't bother with the minions. Since CPW merged with Currys/PC World, they seem to have adopted their poor practice however you say that CPW have cancelled the order so this should now be with O2 to sort out.

I suggest you email the boss

ronan.dunne@o2.com (without spaces if they appear) It is likely that his exec team will intercept but they may just help. I would head the email Formal Complaint and lay out the issue in short sentences, why you feel hard done by and what you want them to do to resolve this.

Before you can go the Telecoms Ombudsman, you must give O2 the opportunity to resolve within 8 weeks. If they fail or issue a deadlock letter prior to the 8 week cut off, then you can go to the Ombudsman.

Do not speak to anyone unless you can record the call and if you do online chats, keep a copy. All these can be used as evidence of any poor practice.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I emailed the boss yesterday and spoke to the guru team today as still no emails on my phone. Eventually they started again but I wonder how long for????

My old tariff seems to be lost forever but they are offering a discount on another one with 3G of data..I had unlimited before. However; whenever they offer any sort of refund it never appears on the invoice or the notes. Also the new tariff blackberry bolt on doesn't seem to support my older device. I have had emails for 12 hours lets see what tomorrow holds.

Thanks for all the responses.