Npower nightmare - help needed to make legal claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies that this is a long post.

This is my first time on any kind of forum.

I have tried to summarise but its been a complicated and very stressful process.

I will be very grateful indeed for any advice...

We moved into a flat in Sept 2013

when I called to give Npower the opening meter readings I asked to confirm what meter and tariff we were on.

I was told it was an Economy 10 meter and noted down from the conversation

that there were 3 cables which would give a Day rate,

a Night rate and

a Heating rate for the 3 night storage heaters with timings for when these rates would operate.

You had to press a button on the meter several times to get the readings

I gave the 3 readings as they appeared on the screens.

Npower took Actual readings for these 3 rates in Nov 13

I gave more readings in May 14 at which point I started the complaints process

because we had still not had a bill.

I received letters with an account number from the complaints department

finally a letter in July 2014 saying because they could not resolve my complaint about not receiving a bill

I could go to the Ombudsman.

At the end of July I receive a letter with the same account number

but this time addressed to the occupier saying that because of problems closing the account

the balance would be written off.

Followed a week later by the First bill for £366, in my name but with a different account number.

In Sept 14 I call to try and figure out what is going on

am told that the first account number I’d received on complaint letters was actually the previous tennant’s

but because of the confusion the balance (now £457) would be written off as per the write off letter.

I give meter readings – this time 4 readings show on the meter instead of 3.

That same day a bill is generated for the heat rate for £868.

It is based on an estimated opening meter reading for heat.

I am told again a week later on the telephone that my account would be credited to zero

- clearing balance of £868 as per write off letter and to disregard any more bills/reminders

and to wait during process.

In Nov 14 I call again and am given apologies for distressing letters & assured case is with correct back office team.

Promised that a correct bill should arrive soon showing the cleared balance of £868.72

and they had correct meter readings so a new bill would generated.

I then receive a bill for £1,433, followed by ‘Our right to enter your home’ letter – with an outstanding balance £976.

In December 2014 after numerous complaint calls I am given a new complaint reference number

and assured collections will stop.

In Jan 15 I receive a complaint deadlock letter refusing to remove the balance as promised

and referring me to Ombudsman and I begin the Enquiry process.

In Feb 15 I give new meter readings and receive a bill for £1481

- Tariff: Standard SC ROB Heatwise 1.

I pay £505 for accurate energy usage calculated using my correct meter readings between Nov 14 and Feb 15

(leaving the disputed £976).

At the end of Feb the Ombudsman says Npower incorrectly offered to write off the Sept 14 bill for £868

and that I should be given a £25 goodwill payment for the misinformation but that the outstanding balance remained.

I did not agree with the Ombudsman proposal and it was reviewed in March 15.

I complain that the meter reading Npower used to calculate the opening heat rate was an estimate

because it had not been showing on the meter.

As this was not part of the original complaint to the Ombudsman they advise me to contact Npower directly.

I contacted Npower who agree to work out an accurate opening meter reading

but I did not accept the Ombudsman proposal as I still hadn’t had an accurate bill

and felt they had not helped resolve my issue with Npower.

In April 15 we move out of the property and I give final meter readings and new address.

On 1st May 15 they send: An amended bill to our old address for £1318.

A letter saying because I’d rejected Ombudsman remedy my complaint has been closed

thus exhausting the complaints process and balance is £1362.

And a Final Bill for £1452 (the Tariff has now changed to Standard SC ROB 7 Hour Weekend Off-Peak)

I call to complain about tariff changing and am told they've re-opened case though they believe bill is correct.

Throughout May and June they send another Amended bill, numerous complaint reference letters,

and Final demand and Act now to avoid court letters – all to the old address.

I email the CEO disputing the Historic debt and Amended Bill and request again that our address

be updated and debt recovery stopped. The complaint is logged and I’m given a new reference number.

In July I start to get calls from Debt Managers Services attempting to recover a debt of £1,612.

In August I receive 5 more amended bills each for a different amount.

Throughout Sept and Oct I receive letters from Debt Managers saying my account is on hold

while they await instruction from Npower.

In January 16 I receive a letter from Npower with a ‘Notice of intention to file a default on your credit file’.

Outstanding balance £1452.

In February I email complaining that my complaints have not been handled properly

and ask about the compensation arrangements Npower agreed with Ofgem.

Executive Complaints reply to say I have exhausted thier complaints process

and they will not look to raise a new complaint in relation to this query and refer me to their Legal Team.

I point out that the Ombudsman instructed me to re-contact Npower

to recalculate opening meter reading to which they had agreed.

In March 16 Executive Complaints then reply with an incorrect opening meter recalculation

(they use accurate winter heat readings to calculate an average daily usage and apply it to 497 days

i.e saying we’d use the same heat in summer as in winter!) and advise me again to proceed legally.

Moorcroft Debt Recovery begin pursuing the debt and in desperation to resolve this

I contact the Citizens Advice Extra Help Unit, who help vulnerable consumers,

they agree to mediate with Npower on my behalf.

They challenge Npower throughout March and April but are told Npower's final position

was that they would not be opening the case and referred me back to Ombudsman or to take legal action.

The amended bills – Falsifying meter readings and placing us on the wrong tariff

Having now examined the 5 amended bills of Aug 15

I can see that they have previously tried to ‘re-estimate the bill’ by falsifying meter readings

- changing accurate readings into estimates to justify their original estimated opening reading.

All these estimates are entirely inaccurate suggesting that I have used thousands of heat units in summer periods

when the night storage heaters were switched off.

I am suspicious that NPower have chosen to amend the bills with estimates from May 2014

(instead of the 2013-14 winter prior to that when the disputed energy was apparently used)

in order to avoid the back billing regulations.

I have also asked repeatedly why the Bill that I paid in Feb 15 was cancelled,

amended and then re-calculated at a higher unit rate for heat (7p per unit became 12p).

No one has addressed this concern.

Our tariff appears to have changed from what I understood to be the Economy 10 tariff:

Standard SC ROB Heatwise 1 to Standard SC ROB 7 Hour Weekend Off-Peak.

At no point did we ever ask to switch tariff or were we offered any explanation as to why

the unit price and tariff had been changed, despite me asking on numerous occasions for clarification.

Harassment and marking my credit file

I have been threatened with court proceedings multiple times, they refuse to put a hold on their collections process

so I am still having to deal with debt collections agencies,

NPower may have shared data which will impact my credit record

and they say this cannot be amended because they claim the outstanding balance is correct and remains payable.

They now say I need to proceed legally.

My time, stress and worry

I have spent innumerable hours dealing with all of this, trying to decipher what has gone on,

examining 15 bills, complaining by telephone and email, going through an Ombudsman enquiry

that did not help to reach a resolution, and working with Citizens Advice,

all of which equates to weeks worth of my time.

I have had countless sleepless nights and shed many a tear worrying about everything

and feeling bullied by this huge corporation who seem to operate so recklessly

with no regard for how peoples lives are affected by this level of stress that they cause.

And throughout this period we have a chronically sick child with a rare blood disorder

who has been in and out of hospital and Great Ormond St Hospital.

Our now 3 year old daughter was first admitted to hospital in a life threatening condition in Oct 14

and has since been admitted 10 times, which Npower have been aware of.

I have had to take my energy away from caring for my child to dedicate to unraveling

all of this mess and that is extraordinarily painful for me.

I am now fully prepared to take legal action, although I have no idea how to do this

and do not have any access to financial support or legal advice.

I feel completely daunted by the task and almost cannot bear the stress and time of pursuing it further

but it seems to be my only route forward.

I want to seek damages to be remunerated for this utter failure to handle my complaints

and to bill me accurately. NPower’s conduct is far from fair or transparent

and does not meet their standards of conduct by a long way. I refuse to be victimized.

I realize that this has been a long read and I really appreciate any advice that others can give for me to take this forward legally.

Thank you

D

Hi,

First piece of advice is stop panicking . There is no need. You are not the law breaker.

Npower are trying to bully you. So laugh in their face. I understand it is fraustrating, but why get your blood pressure up?Not worth it.

Their aim is to change your existing meter to pre payment where they can charge you more money for the same service plus outstandng payments. That the game.

Point 2 Energy Ombudsman and or CAB seem to be in league with an energy cartel, so they are not on your side no matter what the say.

Energy Ombudsman is not fit for purpose. Know the devil your dealing with.It is designed to ware you down. At least your better informed.

So why go to them? They share your information with npower. tell them their version and they pass that on to you with no proof. It's not fair.

You are not leally obliged to use either no matter what Ofgem would have you believe or acourt will say, tell a court that the dispute is not in their jurisdiction.

Have you done and sent a cease and desist letter? If not do so. The mods might have a link to a typical template , is so could they post the link.

Also write to the debit agency along the following lines:

name and address

Their reference No xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir,

Re Disputed Claim and CPR 31.14 Request ( your npower account Number) ( mods there is a typical template on the legal sites for this).

On xx xxxx 2016, I received a letter dated xx xxxx 2016 issued by you with respect to nPower and given the above reference.

Your letter is clearly not on the level. Your letter of the xx xxxxx 2016 constitutes harassment, which is against the Protection Of Harassment Act 1997, which is both a criminal and civil wrong. Your client has been issued with several cease and desist notices and is now in breach of said letters. I have the right to remain free from “ Harassment” from your company and or your client. You have been well warned.

Your letter of the xx xxxxx 2016, is nothing short of threatening behaviour and demanding money with menaces.

Your client has clearly failed to indicated to you the ongoing genuine legal dispute between the parties including disputed invoices , not least those issued in 2013 to 2016.

I indicate my intention to contest all of your clients alleged claim which is fraudulent and in error. That is also a criminal offence.

Please refer to my previous letters to ( their CEO ) in xxxx 2016, xxxxx 2015 and xxxx 2016.

Your client is in breach of multiple UK laws, including although not necessarily limited to:

The Protection of Harassment Act 1997,

The Electricity Act 1989,

The Electricity and Gas (Internal Markets) Regulations 2011(SI 2011 No 2704),

Utilities Act 2000,

The Gas and Electricity (Consumer Complaints Handling Standards) Regulations 2008 (SI 2008 /1898.).

In addition your client is in breach of the standard licence conditions made pursuant to the Electricity Act 1989 and as amended by the Utilities Act 2000.

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of each of the following document(s):

1 . The agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary disputed case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served .Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2. The assignment from your alleged client to your company.

3. Copies of any default notice which you allege was served upon me pursuant to s.87(1)CCA and complete with all other evidence of service of such a document.

4. A copy of the original signed agreement and or , a copy of the executed agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for the account.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing. In telling me you require more time you must tell me what steps you have taken and propose to take in order to comply with this request and also state a date by when you will comply with this request.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with this request, fail to request more time I will make an application to a court for an order that any future proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

I do hope this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

I am sure one of the legals could do better?

Sat back and laugh at them have a cool beer. They most probably will not answer the letter. If another debit agency writes to you , send the same letter.It will constitue irrefutable evidence of harassment along with all there other threatening letters .

You have a dispute, so no magistrate will issue a legit warrant.

If you receive notice of a magistrates hearing, file a defence at the time, sighting the above letter as evidence and that you never received an unaccepatble rely/ no answer.

The correct action is in the county court and only the county court. This is a civil dispute.

That will cost you money to file a court application. My question is why do that? Yes they have caused you harassment ( keep recepits , bills, special delivery letters, stamps ,letters stationary, legal costs court fees and time etc) but much better to let them file and you defend it , that way it cost you nothing. Cause their CEO harasment , get his email address, send him email after email also cc to their customer service department.

My expereince is they will not file an application in the county court. Why ? No company in the world will approach a court with their law breaking record. So chill out and keep on the ball.

Yes if you have plenty of money hire a solictor/barrister and sue their *** off.

But I get the impression that might not be the case.

Harasssment legal case - I posted a link earlier Case Law ( 2009)

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2009/46.html in the court of appeal . read and make sure you follow everything in this case. Note the wors courseof conduct.

Also npower case not well reported in press but on internet, Cristopher Poncelet v npower 2010 in Northampton county court.

Other links to read

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1989/29/contents - Elec Act 1989 schedule 6 and 7

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/27/contents - Utilties Act 2000 schedule 4 and 5

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/contents - Harassment

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Eliz2/2-3/21/section/2 1952 right of entry act

Gas Rights of entry ( Read and understand)

http://www.uklaws.org/statutory/inst...6/doc16977.htm

Gas and Electrcity Complaints handling Regs 2008

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/1898/contents/made Npower are in breach of this. Check my list of fines they may have been fined previously under this act.

Ofgem standard licence conditions 2013 conditions dfferent to 2014. 2015 conditions different to 2014 so you will have to double check on a year by year to check for changes.

You can get this of Ofgem website down the bottom codes and licences then click on electrical supply licence and watch the year issue please.

Write to npower removing their right of access ( can one of the mods link this to a standrad template for removal of rights of access).

They cannot legit remove / relace your existing meter with pre-payement whilst there is a geniune dispute. That will not stop them trying it on, and I know of case were

they have turned up unannouced and were caught in the act of trying to replace the meter , without a warrant. If they do this, chase them away. simple. That's the type of law breakers that you are dealing with

They need a warrant , see stuff above.

The concern is, if it a flat, is the meter inside or out? If out you need to remove the rights of access sharpish. If inside do not let them in full stop and turn away debit collectors and laugh in there face.

Check out standard Licence conditions (SLC ) 22.5 , have npower complied with Item(b) on maintenance. I bet not. they have broke the law.

Check SLC 12.14 to 12.16 on meter inspections everty two years have they complied with all of this?

Check out SLC 23.3 on unilateral variations to contract . I bet they are in breach.

Check out schedule 7 (elec act 1989) and schedule 5(Util 2000act) on meters near the bottom. Know your rights on meters.

Check out SLC 2.6 on contining performance basically they have to meet their obligations in law, these never cease. They will be in breach.

That's to help you identify their bad customer services, their incompetence poor service and that they are the law breakers. You have done nothing wrong.

If they refuse to deal with you write to there CEO at their head office in fact copy the debit agency letter above to him , bypass all the little yes man in npower, you are only wasting your time.

Please note most of their letters sent by energy companies are computer generated. File them under harassment. Becuase they will have ignored your letters.

That's part of the game , to ware down 80 year old pensioners etc. Rise above them. Their actions are repugnant .

For each bill they have or will send , put the disputed amount away in your/ new high interest bank account, dont touch it. It is earning you interest.

Until they have met their contractual obligations and duties sit tight. Laugh at them.

Yes the dispute will grow but that does not mean they have legitally verified the sums owed to your satisfcation or to a court. By the way they will lie in court dont put that past them or their legal team.

Now more importantly , Have you heard about bill revesal problems?

It sounds like this has been pulled on you although I cannot be 100% sure.

But basically every 2 years they need to read your meter , its the law SLC 12.14 to 12.16. What they do is replace the estimated meter figs( which are cons in themselves) with actual meter readings.

But their computer systems can miss in the revised bill calculation, "on account payments" you have made during the previous 2 years of the bill. I am aware of such cases.

So go back every two years and check the estimated consumption which is changed to actual readings( which they have had all along but not used breach of SLC 21B.1) and

make sure all your on account payments are included. That might be one reason for the large bills. It's one of the biggest attempts out to fool those less familar wth the industry wide problem.

That excercise is normal but they miss the on account payments. In one year that could be £400 to £500 missing in your favour.

In addition write to Downing St . cause Cameron as much hassle as npower are causing you.

It is ultimately his government aiding and abetting this behaviour after all. Ignore if Downing St write back we will not reply.

Stick to your guns.

Its evidence to show the courts if necessary.

Have some fun at npower expense.

Keep good records of your expenditure to show the courts. keep any special delivery records of receipt of posting travel , court cost ,legal cost claim for everything.

Now that leaves the issue of harassment how much. You might need legal advice but the Lisa Ferguson case (link above) will give you a steer.

My advice is keep off the phone( to expensive). No proof to show courts anyway. Stick to letters , faxes or emails, you will need proof.

Come back if you need help and if you win in court I'll have half your winnings. Only kidding.

Big breath and release slowly. You'll will feel better.

Post your bills on the thread so I can view them.

Have you done a SAR request? Mods can you do link to standard template please. If not get one off asap.

Stevie.

Apologies that this is a long post.

This is my first time on any kind of forum.

I have tried to summarise but its been a complicated and very stressful process.

I will be very grateful indeed for any advice...

We moved into a flat in Sept 2013

when I called to give Npower the opening meter readings I asked to confirm what meter and tariff we were on.

I was told it was an Economy 10 meter and noted down from the conversation

that there were 3 cables which would give a Day rate,

a Night rate and

a Heating rate for the 3 night storage heaters with timings for when these rates would operate.

You had to press a button on the meter several times to get the readings

I gave the 3 readings as they appeared on the screens.

Npower took Actual readings for these 3 rates in Nov 13

I gave more readings in May 14 at which point I started the complaints process

because we had still not had a bill.

I received letters with an account number from the complaints department

finally a letter in July 2014 saying because they could not resolve my complaint about not receiving a bill

I could go to the Ombudsman.

At the end of July I receive a letter with the same account number

but this time addressed to the occupier saying that because of problems closing the account

the balance would be written off.

Followed a week later by the First bill for £366, in my name but with a different account number.

In Sept 14 I call to try and figure out what is going on

am told that the first account number I’d received on complaint letters was actually the previous tennant’s

but because of the confusion the balance (now £457) would be written off as per the write off letter.

I give meter readings – this time 4 readings show on the meter instead of 3.

That same day a bill is generated for the heat rate for £868.

It is based on an estimated opening meter reading for heat.

I am told again a week later on the telephone that my account would be credited to zero

- clearing balance of £868 as per write off letter and to disregard any more bills/reminders

and to wait during process.

In Nov 14 I call again and am given apologies for distressing letters & assured case is with correct back office team.

Promised that a correct bill should arrive soon showing the cleared balance of £868.72

and they had correct meter readings so a new bill would generated.

I then receive a bill for £1,433, followed by ‘Our right to enter your home’ letter – with an outstanding balance £976.

In December 2014 after numerous complaint calls I am given a new complaint reference number

and assured collections will stop.

In Jan 15 I receive a complaint deadlock letter refusing to remove the balance as promised

and referring me to Ombudsman and I begin the Enquiry process.

In Feb 15 I give new meter readings and receive a bill for £1481

- Tariff: Standard SC ROB Heatwise 1.

I pay £505 for accurate energy usage calculated using my correct meter readings between Nov 14 and Feb 15

(leaving the disputed £976).

At the end of Feb the Ombudsman says Npower incorrectly offered to write off the Sept 14 bill for £868

and that I should be given a £25 goodwill payment for the misinformation but that the outstanding balance remained.

I did not agree with the Ombudsman proposal and it was reviewed in March 15.

I complain that the meter reading Npower used to calculate the opening heat rate was an estimate

because it had not been showing on the meter.

As this was not part of the original complaint to the Ombudsman they advise me to contact Npower directly.

I contacted Npower who agree to work out an accurate opening meter reading

but I did not accept the Ombudsman proposal as I still hadn’t had an accurate bill

and felt they had not helped resolve my issue with Npower.

In April 15 we move out of the property and I give final meter readings and new address.

On 1st May 15 they send: An amended bill to our old address for £1318.

A letter saying because I’d rejected Ombudsman remedy my complaint has been closed

thus exhausting the complaints process and balance is £1362.

And a Final Bill for £1452 (the Tariff has now changed to Standard SC ROB 7 Hour Weekend Off-Peak)

I call to complain about tariff changing and am told they've re-opened case though they believe bill is correct.

Throughout May and June they send another Amended bill, numerous complaint reference letters,

and Final demand and Act now to avoid court letters – all to the old address.

I email the CEO disputing the Historic debt and Amended Bill and request again that our address

be updated and debt recovery stopped. The complaint is logged and I’m given a new reference number.

In July I start to get calls from Debt Managers Services attempting to recover a debt of £1,612.

In August I receive 5 more amended bills each for a different amount.

Throughout Sept and Oct I receive letters from Debt Managers saying my account is on hold

while they await instruction from Npower.

In January 16 I receive a letter from Npower with a ‘Notice of intention to file a default on your credit file’.

Outstanding balance £1452.

In February I email complaining that my complaints have not been handled properly

and ask about the compensation arrangements Npower agreed with Ofgem.

Executive Complaints reply to say I have exhausted thier complaints process

and they will not look to raise a new complaint in relation to this query and refer me to their Legal Team.

I point out that the Ombudsman instructed me to re-contact Npower

to recalculate opening meter reading to which they had agreed.

In March 16 Executive Complaints then reply with an incorrect opening meter recalculation

(they use accurate winter heat readings to calculate an average daily usage and apply it to 497 days

i.e saying we’d use the same heat in summer as in winter!) and advise me again to proceed legally.

Moorcroft Debt Recovery begin pursuing the debt and in desperation to resolve this

I contact the Citizens Advice Extra Help Unit, who help vulnerable consumers,

they agree to mediate with Npower on my behalf.

They challenge Npower throughout March and April but are told Npower's final position

was that they would not be opening the case and referred me back to Ombudsman or to take legal action.

The amended bills – Falsifying meter readings and placing us on the wrong tariff

Having now examined the 5 amended bills of Aug 15

I can see that they have previously tried to ‘re-estimate the bill’ by falsifying meter readings

- changing accurate readings into estimates to justify their original estimated opening reading.

All these estimates are entirely inaccurate suggesting that I have used thousands of heat units in summer periods

when the night storage heaters were switched off.

I am suspicious that NPower have chosen to amend the bills with estimates from May 2014

(instead of the 2013-14 winter prior to that when the disputed energy was apparently used)

in order to avoid the back billing regulations.

I have also asked repeatedly why the Bill that I paid in Feb 15 was cancelled,

amended and then re-calculated at a higher unit rate for heat (7p per unit became 12p).

No one has addressed this concern.

Our tariff appears to have changed from what I understood to be the Economy 10 tariff:

Standard SC ROB Heatwise 1 to Standard SC ROB 7 Hour Weekend Off-Peak.

At no point did we ever ask to switch tariff or were we offered any explanation as to why

the unit price and tariff had been changed, despite me asking on numerous occasions for clarification.

Harassment and marking my credit file

I have been threatened with court proceedings multiple times, they refuse to put a hold on their collections process

so I am still having to deal with debt collections agencies,

NPower may have shared data which will impact my credit record

and they say this cannot be amended because they claim the outstanding balance is correct and remains payable.

They now say I need to proceed legally.

My time, stress and worry

I have spent innumerable hours dealing with all of this, trying to decipher what has gone on,

examining 15 bills, complaining by telephone and email, going through an Ombudsman enquiry

that did not help to reach a resolution, and working with Citizens Advice,

all of which equates to weeks worth of my time.

I have had countless sleepless nights and shed many a tear worrying about everything

and feeling bullied by this huge corporation who seem to operate so recklessly

with no regard for how peoples lives are affected by this level of stress that they cause.

And throughout this period we have a chronically sick child with a rare blood disorder

who has been in and out of hospital and Great Ormond St Hospital.

Our now 3 year old daughter was first admitted to hospital in a life threatening condition in Oct 14

and has since been admitted 10 times, which Npower have been aware of.

I have had to take my energy away from caring for my child to dedicate to unraveling

all of this mess and that is extraordinarily painful for me.

I am now fully prepared to take legal action, although I have no idea how to do this

and do not have any access to financial support or legal advice.

I feel completely daunted by the task and almost cannot bear the stress and time of pursuing it further

but it seems to be my only route forward.

I want to seek damages to be remunerated for this utter failure to handle my complaints

and to bill me accurately. NPower’s conduct is far from fair or transparent

and does not meet their standards of conduct by a long way. I refuse to be victimized.

I realize that this has been a long read and I really appreciate any advice that others can give for me to take this forward legally.

Thank you

D

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative comments removed.

Thank you Stevie for your reply. I am working my way through the links you have posted. Some of it does not apply as we have left the property and they weren't trying to fit a prepayment meter in our case. The Lisa Ferguson case is very interesting.

I think the first thing I need to do is a SAR request by the look of things.

I have started another thread ' Can I sue Npower for harrassment through the Small Claims Court? - Legal advice needed pls' as I hadn't realised there was a Facebook group called Npower nightmare and I think the title of this thread that I've started may get overlooked as being related to that.

I have found the harrasment from Npower so distressing I do want to pursue a Small Claim despite not knowing at all how to do this and finding the prospect very daunting. I can't believe they can get away with this an I want it all to stop - the thought of waiting for Npower to take me to court and recieving contiuned threats from DCAs is too much to bear. Moorcroft, at least for now, are not pursuing me as I have spoken to them and told them that the account is in dispute.

Thank you again for your advice Stevie. If you have anything further to add please comment now on the new thread as I'm hoping this may get more attention...?

D