East Midlands Trains - Train Penalty Fare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I am new on this Forum,

I got a Penalty Fare Notice from East Midlands Trains. I tried to get the ticket on board as I thought I could do but instead I got a Penalty Fare. I paid half of it on board and then they took my details and told me to pay the rest. (I couldn't pay it all as I didn't have enough money on me).

They asked me for my ID but I'm from a different country so I provided my ID from my country. They took my date of birth (they got the year wrong, I realised when I read my copy at home) and asked me for my name and address. I said I was on holliday so I didn't provide them an address. They have my name and my first surname (I have two surnames) and a telephone number from my country (but it's an old one because it was the only one I could remember).

Am I ever going to get this fare? Are they going to find me with the information they have? Where do they check all this information?

Thank you so much.

Hi Mona Hall and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hello all, I am new on this Forum,

I got a Penalty Fare Notice from East Midlands Trains. I tried to get the ticket on board as I thought I could do but instead I got a Penalty Fare. I paid half of it on board and then they took my details and told me to pay the rest. (I couldn't pay it all as I didn't have enough money on me).

They asked me for my ID but I'm from a different country so I provided my ID from my country. They took my date of birth (they got the year wrong, I realised when I read my copy at home) and asked me for my name and address. I said I was on holliday so I didn't provide them an address. They have my name and my first surname (I have two surnames) and a telephone number from my country (but it's an old one because it was the only one I could remember).

Am I ever going to get this fare? Are they going to find me with the information they have? Where do they check all this information?

Thank you so much.

So are you asking if you can get away without paying it? Probably if you didn't supply an address, but bear in mind if you come to their attention again they'll likely be less lenient if they recognise you. I assume they didn't log your details as you gave no address? They'd have needed an address in order to verify your details.