What's the deal with **** and **** aren't we all adults here?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've only just joined so don't really have any right to dictate how this site should be run, but I can't imagine many children sign up to CAG about injustices of lost pocket money or the tax taken by school bullies at the gate, so I wonder why mild cuss words like **** or *** are blocked out. Who are the moderators scared of offending?

I mean, if you're over 18 and you've been ripped off and looking for justice then saying **** or **** might be understandable.

What's the CAG fear?

Can any site team explain?

Hi,

Depends on what 'mild cuss' words your talking about, here in the Bear Garden you'll get away with a few more than you would on the other forums.

I can curse and swear like anyone but do not think it's appropriate on a forum set up to help consumers deal with a vast amount of problems, there's no need for it.

There's also words 'blocked' which could get the forum into trouble if used inappropriately.

I'll be the first to hold my hands up and admit I have in the past edited 'cuss words' as It's not something I want to read on a forum, what's the point, if people can't get their story across without including cuss words then there's something not right.

I'm sure there's plenty of our users very happy the forums are not riddled with cursing and swearing, however 'mild'.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Think you should take a read of the following...as you have not already.....you agreed to abide to it on becoming a member.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-Forum-rules.-Please-read-these-before-posting.

Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Think you should take a read of the following...as you have not already.....you agreed to abide to it on becoming a member.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-Forum-rules.-Please-read-these-before-posting.

Andyorch

Surely those are rules/edicts not reasons/reasoning, although I dont doubt someones reasoning/reasons were used to create them, and some is shown. Perhaps 'semantics' to some but I dont think so:

For example - dont 'hijack thread

1.9 Hijacking: Please don't hijack someone else's thread, no matter how closely their story resembles yours. Start a thread specific to your case - that way it is easier for people to keep track of, and thus offer you better help.

Perhaps it does help to keep track of individuals issues, but I think needing to refer to many threads makes it harder to get an overview of what advice is already available and what has occurred in the past.

So perhaps easier for staff, but not so great (in my opinion) for someone seeking advice/experiences on a subject as the more truly related threads may be a long way apart from each other despite being under the same heading, and it takes effort and site search experience to find them as is

On the other hand, I do think that swearing has little practical use no matter how effectively it might demonstrate our anger and frustration at a situation, and if it does offend someone who might otherwise have helped ....

Just an opinion.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres