Potential Raise problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all was wondering if any one could help?

I recently stumbled across a letter written to me from the CEO of the company telling me I was due to have a £1000 raise as part of our company being taken over by a larger company. Having had a look at the letter it was dated on the 21st of December 2015 and my wage was supposed to go up on the 1st of January 2016. This of course is not the case and the reason why I am writing.

It was by sheer luck that I managed to find the letter as it was in the managers back office near the bin area, I found the letter in a sealed envelope whilst i was cleaning the office.There were a few more envelopes just like it, however all the employees they were addressed to were no longer part of the company. As it was addressed to me I thought it might be important information that possibly just got misplaced.

I politely sent my manager an email wishing to discuss the potential raise, and even sent him a copy of the letter, however it seems to have fallen on deaf ears as he has straight out ignored the email.

As part of our procedure to file an inquiry to HR everything must be in written form and you must see if the problem could be resolved onsite first, the only reason I haven't directly spoken to my manager about the incident is because if he was to say something to me it would be a literal case of his word against mine.

I would love a raise that I believe i am entitled to as I have it in writing. Whether or not I was supposed to see the letter is a completely different matter but it does seem the company or manager has withheld information from me and possibly other employees. The letter I found addressed to me would have been binned otherwise.

What should my next step be? my only concern being is that i found the envelope and was not handed the envelope.

Thank you for your time.

" I found the letter in a sealed envelope whilst i was cleaning the office."

Seriously, it's not your letter until it's delivered to you. If I were the boss I'd be considering disciplinary action against you for nosing about.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Have to say that I completely agree with the post above. There may be 101 reasons why the employer chose not to give the raise - he may have even written the letter as bait to see whether you would open it, but the fact is that there is no obligation and no contract until the letter has been delivered to you. By emailing the boss, you could easily now potentially put yourself at risk of disciplinary action.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!