style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Atm I am currently on this ESA and as always you get called in from time to time for an assessment and they decide if your fit or not... even if your still in a certain degree of pain... So I am working on a back up plan if the DWP decides " I'm fit for work "

Can anyone offer me some advice of becoming self employed as a HGV driver for a living... What is the process for setting up...

Ive been reading up about registering the company with companies house, then HMRC for Tax & VAT or simply get a local accountant to do all of this for a fee.....

Primary registrar with a number of agencies and hopefully they will offer me work as and when, but what my main concerns is being a father with 2 kids and rent to, bills etc etc is the lack of income in the first few months...

do you have an HGV licence? If so you are readfy to go, dont need to set up a limited company, just register as self employed with HMRC and they will issue you with a TURN (trader unique reference no) and send you a self asessment tax form at the relevant time. You will need to keep records of your work, hours, pay etc and if income is paid to you after tax has been deducted you can claim back any overpayment via the self-assessment return.

Dont need to register for VAT, as you are not "adding value" to anything, just driving for someone else. Dont need an accountant, just a simple excel spreadsheet to keep tabs on what you have spent on necessary expenses such as workwear, stop out costs for being away overnight etc and earned income plus allowances.

Hi All

Atm I am currently on this ESA and as always you get called in from time to time for an assessment and they decide if your fit or not... even if your still in a certain degree of pain... So I am working on a back up plan if the DWP decides " I'm fit for work "

Can anyone offer me some advice of becoming self employed as a HGV driver for a living... What is the process for setting up...

Ive been reading up about registering the company with companies house, then HMRC for Tax & VAT or simply get a local accountant to do all of this for a fee.....

Primary registrar with a number of agencies and hopefully they will offer me work as and when, but what my main concerns is being a father with 2 kids and rent to, bills etc etc is the lack of income in the first few months...

Do you have an HGV licence?

Would your medical condition affect DVLA's view in if you can hold an HGV licence?

Even if DWP feel you are "fit to work" do you feel you would be "fit to work as an HGV driver"

Wondering about the company set up is irrelevant unless you can do the job.

Are you suggesting that you're only prepared to work if you have to?

Not what I am suggesting at all, looking at possible plans for the future should the time come when I no longer qualify for ESA. and my current circumstances make dramatic steps of improvement.

Edited by Swampey