Waitrose: don't expect an easy refund for online shopping returns.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Waitrose Online Shopping:- Do they give a stuff about your refund for an unsuitable returned item?

I think not and you won't get a refund easily if my experience is anything to go by.

Is this Company Policy or is it the Store Manager who can't or won't manage?

I made an online order which arrived in early February, an item was substituted I was offered 2 salmon fillets instead of the 4 that I had ordered.

I refused the substitution as we are a multi person family, the driver told me I would get the substituted item credited back within 7 days, (£5.99).

This did not happen, I contacted Customer Services via email, (I always do everything in writing as phone calls are easily forgotten), they said the refund would happen within a further 7 working days and they would contact the local store.

Another 7 days; nothing!

I again contacted Customer Services (the same agent) by email they said they had contacted the store who would credit my card withion 5 to 7 days and the Store would email me confirming that.

Guess what?

Nothing!

So, one month from the initial order delivery, I made copies of my order, my emails and my card account and went out of my way to the Store and explained the issue to a Customer Services Supervisor who then refunded me the £5.99 in cash, plus £15.01 for my expenses, i.e. paper ink, diesel and my time with a "Sorry"

She took all of the paperwork from me and said I would probably get a phone call from her manager to find out more.

Have you guessed?

No I didn't!

I honestly believe that if I had not chased them, I would have had £5.99 appropriated from me with the apparent intention of permanently depriving me of it.

There has been more than a little negligence in that way they have dealt with my money but at what level?

So to date I have been refunded my costs, (barely) and a verbal sorry from a supervisor, nothing else.

What did I expect?

At least a verbal or written apology and explanation from the Manager as to why the Store failed me.

So, no more online shopping because I can not trust Waitrose to do the honest thing without a fight or the right thing in hindsight.

Can you?

There are other supermarkets out there.

Edited by PeKay
comprehension

If your getting nowhere you always try a bank chargeback on your card, if nothing else it would get them in touch to deal with the issue

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

• 1 month later...

Sadly this is the sort of experience many get when dealing with call centers.

After the first one, I would of written a letter to the ceos office :), maybe you still should.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.