Father forged?? mothers signiture to claim PPI???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My father passed away 6 weeks ago,

he has been divorced from my mum apporx 13 yrs, but did remarry.

My mum has recently been pursuing a PPI claim on joint accounts / mortgages they had together.

she received a letter today stating that the full PPI claim has already been paid out, almost £4000!

which suggests that my dad has forged her signature to claim 100% of the share...

...She was only wanting her 50%

Where will she stand on this as he has now died,

but his now widow is still alive, and would have benefited from this?

As you can imagine I am livid, but she does not want to take it any further to cause distress to the family.....

I think I may be acting in anger over this, and will get no where for her but I feel I must try something.

Your thread title says he DID forge her signature but then in your text you change that to "suggests" he did.

There are too few details for anyone to advise anything other than sending a SAR request to the ppi company involved to find out how and who claimed what.

First and foremost, there is no point getting angry, with the right help from us here at cag we can get to the bottom if this but lets do it the right way and not in a way fuelled by anger and bitterness.

So, deep breath, you could simply ring and ask, if that fails, send a SAR, templates to be adapted would be in our library, please do not post library items on the open forum.

Edited by martin2006

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

No need for apologies, welcome to CAG, lets get things started

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

did he do this himself or use a CMC?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and who said he forged any sigs?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You should certainly follow the advice above to send an SAR.

You shouldn't assume that there has been a forged signature. It is entirely possible that the providers of the PPI policy or simply been very shabby about their procedures and have paid out.

I wouldn't start off by mentioning the possibility of a forged signature to anybody.

Write them a letter in response to the one you received and say to them that you do not understand how any payout could have been made because your mother has no knowledge of this and has not been party to any application.

Of course, you will find that they – quite rightly – will refuse to deal with you and this letter and any other dealings will have to come from your mother.

Get your mother to send off the SAR immediately and also tried to send one-off on behalf of your father's estate – two SARs.