Banned by Amazon for returning faulty goods

Michael Browne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a machete, to chop beet with, from a company in Ireland. It was purchased through Amazon. Several weeks past and no machete, I posted a note to the sellers asking where it was, was there a hold up and joking added hope you didn't send it by Shanks's pony! To keep things light I added that they may have a container to fill and ferries to book, look forward to receiving it! My post was on the reviews, hadn't contacted a seller before and it seemed the only way to contact them. The company came back "your ruining our business" please take off that message and we will send you a gift. I apologized and said it was meant as a light hearted inquire, for all I knew they may have problems! I received a nice baseball cap followed by the machete. The machete was useless, wouldn't cut a banana in half let alone beet! The cost was consistent with the price of a good machete. Arranged return as not ft for purpose and found I was expected to pay postage. The machete was never returned, due to the cost of postage, darn thing sits on the bench in the sun room - and it's not ornamental!

Some companies selling through Amazon are out to get 99% feedback, if they get a bad review they go off alarming and ask for it to be removed. I purchased a torch from a company in China, was not a very good torch, they asked for the review to be removed! I removed the review when the new torch arrived.

I wouldn't be surprised if the companies threaten to stop selling through Amazon if they get bad reviews. Many reviews are too good, also some people are given a good discount on goods purchased in return for reviewing. Some may even get free goods, I have no proof of that! A discount has been mentioned by some of those reviewing! Amazon wouldn't want to loose a seller so likely they prefer to get rid of a customer who complains and posts poor reviews!

I had a dispute with Amazon when I pre-ordered a Blu-ray and on the day it was to be delivered, the order was cancelled by Amazon. The reason they gave was that the delivery driver was unable to deliver. I rejected the excuse as I do not have a problem with deliveries. Goods are constantly being delivered to my road on a daily basis. I insisted that they immediately re-order the Blu-Ray and post it by Royal Mail 1st class at their expense, which they agreed. I did receive it the following day!

The only problems we've had with Amazon have been their delivery, their Locker facility can be more trouble than it's worth but their returns facility has been exceptional.

As a rule, I prefer eBay for most purchases as the postage on Amazon make sit prohibitive when you can get the same item from the same supplier normally cheaper on eBay. I tend to only purchase Blu-ray and CD/MP3 from Amazon now!

Amazon has by far the best returns service I have seen anywhere.

Fully automated with no resistance, they even let you return for simply "changing your mind".

However this is on stuff shipped by amazon, most complaints I hear are related to third party sellers, I keep telling people to not use third party sellers, but they keep on doing so.

It is clearly very worrying someone has got banned, although do we have the full story?

I once did raise a dispute with a third party seller which the seller refused to cooperate on, when I asked amazon to intervene they immediately refunded my card used for payment without questioning me, and then I got a threat from the seller a few days later to come to my address and beat the cash out of me, reported that to amazon who promptly removed them from the site.

Amazon has by far the best returns service I have seen anywhere.

Fully automated with no resistance, they even let you return for simply "changing your mind".

However this is on stuff shipped by amazon, most complaints I hear are related to third party sellers, I keep telling people to not use third party sellers, but they keep on doing so.

It is clearly very worrying someone has got banned, although do we have the full story?

I once did raise a dispute with a third party seller which the seller refused to cooperate on, when I asked amazon to intervene they immediately refunded my card used for payment without questioning me, and then I got a threat from the seller a few days later to come to my address and beat the cash out of me, reported that to amazon who promptly removed them from the site.

In my case, the item was supplied by Amazon on behalf of seller and had a 12 month warranty. It actually failed 11 and a half months and I contacted Amazon who provided a returns label. I took the item to the pick-up retailer and the cost was credited back to my account immediately.

There isn't enough information to know whether the customer or amazon is behaving badly.

if the customer is buying five things the same just in different colours and then returning four then it's the customer. if all the items are different and faulty then amazon are behaving badly.

the only issue is really the value of the credit in gift token. that should be refunded.

I can't help but think this person has a serious problem they're trying to 'cure' by buying a lot of useless junk from Amazon, seeking some kind of fulfilment therapy. I hate Amazon but can see how they'd get fed up with dealing with endless returns on low-cost crap.

Seems they've been ordering a multitude of cheap gadgets from dodgy sellers, in case they do get the rare bargain (read: something that actually works as described). They then determine they have the right to return the many things they buy that are complete rubbish - based on Amazon's return policy they have every reason to believe they're OK to do so.

But it's sad. Maybe getting kicked off Amazon will be a good thing and they can get the help they need.

I have also been banned by Amazon. I mainly returned clothing that was of an incorrect size for me, my wife or my children. I also had reason to return some faulty products and items under guarantee. The stated 37 returns since 2003.

I had one warning email and after this returned two items which went faulty a month after purchase.

I have lost access to all my purchased online music and also to my entire account, I cannot see my purchases or obtain any proof of purchases for items.

I have take Amazon to the small claims court to obtain a refund of my Amazon Prime subscription and the costs of my new Fire TV stick which is useless without Prime.

Amazon have employed a massive UK law firm to defend this claim and want to take it to a hearing at my local county court, they state they will send a solicitor to North Yorkshire to defend the claim and if I lose I will be liable to their expenses.

I have also been banned by Amazon. I mainly returned clothing that was of an incorrect size for me, my wife or my children. I also had reason to return some faulty products and items under guarantee. The stated 37 returns since 2003.

I had one warning email and after this returned two items which went faulty a month after purchase.

I have lost access to all my purchased online music and also to my entire account, I cannot see my purchases or obtain any proof of purchases for items.

I have take Amazon to the small claims court to obtain a refund of my Amazon Prime subscription and the costs of my new Fire TV stick which is useless without Prime.

Amazon have employed a massive UK law firm to defend this claim and want to take it to a hearing at my local county court, they state they will send a solicitor to North Yorkshire to defend the claim and if I lose I will be liable to their expenses.

I think you will find that in the small claims, costs are limited / at the discretion of the court - so I think even if they were to use the Attorney General, you wouldn't be liable for their expenses !

seems to me they know they are wrong and will try to make a precedence or frighten you or any others to take them to court,, they are useless when it comes to complaints especially with returns on faulty goods, they state address label from supplier ( No postage) non refund of postage and Amazon do not want to know and ignore complaints.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I usually am very wary of third party sellers on amazon, and only ever buy very cheap things I can afford to not get too upset about if things don't turn out right. I usually buy from the official vendor, but have had to return things before and Amazon were very accomodating with the process with no resistance.