style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Airbus A320-Domestic flight.

Confirmed passenger

claims
to have explosive belt.81 passengers it is said now.

No evidence of this belt yet.

Confirmed by airline hijacked.

Makes you wonder if so what screening was like at departing airport.

Pilot threatened by passenger.

what is this world coming to :(

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hijacker asked to be taken to Cyprus.

British Embassy Cairo.

We are aware of reports of a plane hijacking & investigating urgently with Egypt & Cyprus.For concerns about UK nationals: 0020227916000

Reports of the name of hijacker now known.Not confirmed.A name has been mentioned.

Cypriot state tv reporting that hijacker asking for a translator and political asylum.Not confirmed.

A man strapped with explosives has hijacked a passenger plane during an internal flight in Egypt.

EgyptAir flight MSR181 has now landed at Larnaca Airport in Cyprus, where all but four foreign passengers and the crew are being allowed to disembark.

Eight Britons, 10 Americans and one Irish citizen were reported to have been among the 81 passengers on board when the plane took off. The nationalities of those left on board is unknown.

The hijacker - reported by state TV to be Egyptian national Ibrahim Samaha - has asked police to leave the runway.

:: Live updates: Passenger Plane Hijacked

The Civil Aviation Ministry said the pilot was threatened by a passenger wearing a suicide belt.

A statement said: "The pilot said that a passenger told him he had an explosives vest and forced the plane to land in Larnaca."

Cypriot TV is reporting the hijacker, thought to be aged 26 or 27, has asked for political asylum and a translator.

Sky's Sherine Tadros said the plane was on an isolated part of the runway and negotiations were continuing.

The airliner took off from Alexandria at 8am.

A hijacker contacted the control tower at 8.30am (5.30am in UK) and the plane was given permission to land at 8.50am.

A crisis team including ambulances were deployed to the airport.

EgyptAir tweeted: "Our flight MS181 is officially hijacked. We'll publish an official statement now."

Larnaca Airport has been closed and flights diverted to Paphos.

Israel scrambled warplanes in its airspace as a precaution in response to the hijacking, according to an Israeli military source.

The hijacking calls into question air security in Egypt five months after a Russian plane crashed over Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, killing all 224 people on board.

Russia said a bomb brought down the plane and the attack was claimed by IS.

More follows...

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

No confirmation of explosive device due to security being beefed up In Egypt.

Which if so how would a explosive get on board unless a inside job.

Hoping to confirm soon.But no one is sure.

Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades says Egypt plane hijacking not related to "terrorism"

Press conference soon.

What a start to the week and how terrifying for those passengers.

Hopefully no explosives.I hope i do not end up eating those words.

And he went off his head after a argument with his wife.Or ex wife. Something like that.

Think it was a 45 minute flight.

News saying may be some British passengers on the flight

How did the Hijacker approach the pilot.

Did he say to a stewardess tell the pilot i want to talk to him.I have a explosive.

Then talk to the pilot through a intercom.Because surely the pilot would not open that door no matter what.

Then the pilot, what choice does the pilot have if a passenger says i will blow this plane up unless you land at xxx Airport.

Better than the horrific possible alternative,And you surely cannot take the chance that the hijacker has some crisis in his head and he has lost the plot.And has no explosives.

But no one is saying at the moment for sure,or saying he definitely has not.

How can you deal with that kind of situation.

We will know soon.

Well is seems that his ex wife is on the way or there at the airport to help with things.

And a few of his friends.

Reports he is a Professor.

Must have been one hell of a domestic.

But many must be wondering how easy this has been to achieve.Including some i will not mention.

I myself will not be travelling anywhere abroad in these uncertain times.And prices have doubled in places that some feel are safe.

Resorts here in Great Britain may get a little busier this year you would feel.

Surely cannot be long now before this is sorted out.

Fingers crossed for a peaceful end.

Cyprus State Broadcaster

Reports of hijacker asking for release of prisoners in Egypt.Not confirmed.First i have heard of this.

New name of Hijacker released.

Saif El-Din Mustafa

Situation still ongoing.

So many rumours not confirmed.

Talk of one of one of the passengers left. being a US Diplomat,not confirmed.

Good heavens,talk of second possible hijacker,not confirmed.

Do not trust any reports,just saying what is out there.

Surprised how the passengers who got off seemed so calm.

Confusing situation.Misnamed hijacker etc.

Love stories,now unconfirmed reports asking for release of Prisoners in Egypt.

Press conference soon.

A man has climbed from the cockpit window of a hijacked plane in Cyprus amid reports the hijacker has been arrested.

After the man, in a white, short-sleeved shirt, lowered himself from the cockpit, four other people ran down the plane's steps. It is not known if any hostages are still on board.

The hijacker, reportedly strapped with explosives, took over the EgyptAir plane seven hours ago and the flight was diverted to Larnaca Airport, where snipers have had high-calibre weapons trained on the jet.

Cyprus broadcasters say the hijacker has emerged from the aircraft with his hands held up and Cyprus' foreign minister has tweeted: "It's over. The #hijacker arrested."

Nearby Makenzy Beach, which is popular with tourists, had been evacuated while negotiations went on.

In Cairo, which was the plane's original destination, there are security concerns over another EgyptAir flight, which has reportedly been cancelled in connection with the hostage situation.

The hijacked flight MSR181 had been carrying 55 passengers - including four Britons and one Irish citizen .

:: Live updates: Passenger Plane Hijacked

The hijacker - named as Seif Eldin Mustafa - allowed most to disembark but the crew and four foreigners were kept on board.

The Cyprus foreign ministry described Mustafa as "unstable" and said he appeared to be Egyptian.

It added that the incident was not terror related.

There are reports the hijacker has asked to see his ex-wife, who is said to live in the nearby village of Oroklini.

Witnesses told state TV they saw the hijacker throw a letter on to the tarmac and demand it be delivered to his estranged wife.

However, the Cypriot state broadcaster is saying the man wants female prisoners in Egypt to be released.

Egypt's civil aviation minister claimed no demands had been made.

Sherif Fathy refused to reveal the nationalities of those being held, and added: "We do not know whether the equipment is real or not - a true bomb."

:: Plane Hijacking: How Negotiations Unfold

The A320 plane departed on an internal flight from Alexandria in Egypt at 8am (5am UK time).

A hijacker contacted the control tower at 8.30am and the plane was given permission to land at 8.50am.

As the news emerged the Cypriot Civil Aviation Ministry said "a passenger wearing a suicide belt told (the pilot) he had an explosives vest".

A crisis team including ambulances was deployed to the airport.

As well four Britons and one Irish citizen, the 26 foreigners on board included eight Americans, four Dutch, two Belgians, a French national, an Italian, two Greeks and one Syrian.

Earlier reports in Cyprus incorrectly named the hijacker as Egyptian national Ibrahim Samaha, a 27-year-old professor of veterinary medicine. However, a man claiming to be Mr Samaha told media outlets he had been an innocent passenger.

Larnaca Airport has been closed and flights diverted to Paphos, while Egypt is sending a plane to collect stranded passengers.

Israel scrambled warplanes in its airspace as a precaution in response to the hijacking, according to an Israeli military source.

The hijacking calls into question air security in Egypt five months after a Russian plane crashed over Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, killing all 224 people on board.

Russia said a bomb brought down the plane and the attack was claimed by IS.

:: Those concerned about loved ones should call the emergency centre on 0800 77 77 000 from within Egypt and +20 2 259 893 2029 from abroad.