GE Money - Reclaiming Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should only offer what you can reasonably afford - if you offer too much then find you have an unexpected household/car repair or other expense you might find yourself not being able to make the payment. On a suspended possession order, if you miss one payment the lender can get a warrant to have you evicted within 14 days and without going back to court. So you really need to be able to maintain the payments.

If you think it will take a year then after the judge has made his order you should say "Sir/Madam, as it will take just under 12 months to clear the arrears under the order, can the suspension then be cancelled once all arrears are paid?"

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Statements have been sent rec delivery to the court and to the solicitor.

Really starting to panic now. Haven't slept for a few days and virtually useless at work. Think the stress of all this is really starting to set in.

Does anyone know how likely it will be that the judge will suspend this case. I am really worried that come next Friday I will have an eviction order in place.-

Hi there, as you have a payment plan in place and you are adhering to it - it am certain you will be OK. Judge's don't take people's homes away when there is every reason to believe they can afford the payments.

I know you must be feeling very stressed about the situation, but try to to stay positive :)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have received a letter from the solicitors confirming that they have my bundle for tomorrow's court hearing.

They refer to a letter from GE to me which I enclosed confirming our agreement. GE had said they were looking to confirm they were asking for a possession order stayed.

The solicitors have stated they are looking for a possession order crucially suspended.

What is the difference? Or is this just the solicitor confirming they are now asking for suspension when it stated repossession in their court bundle?

The usual format is that they issue court papers for possession of the property but will agree to possession being suspended when it gets to court if they have a payment plan in place with the debtor. You will be OK:)

Hi, anyone who has been in the same situation as yourself will tell you they have felt exactly as you do - it's completely understandable. It's a very stressful position to be in and until it's over you won't be able to stop thinking about it.

However, when you leave the courtroom and skip out the door onto the street knowing the roof over your head is safe - you will feel soooooo much better.

Please continue to post on here if there is anything you need to ask about the court procedure, or just need some support before tomorrow.

Ellx

If possession is suspended then the money judgement will (should) be adjourned. In other words there will be no CCJ awarded for the outstanding monies.

Just a quick note of thanks for all your help with my repossession case.

I went to court on Friday and could not believe that the noticeboard was full of listings for GE Money that day - no other lender!!!

The solicitor spoke to me beforehand to confirm I had an arrangement in place. When we went before the judge, you would have thought that he was my solicitor as he spent the full five minutes we were in there explainig that I was in constant communication with GE, had made and arrangement and kept to it etc.

The judge awarded the order crucially suspended and advised that if I did not keep to it the lender had a right to take me back to court.

The solicitor advised that if I kept to the agreement that would be the end of it.

I have never been so relieved in my life!!!

Thanks guys.

I am sure that lots of people have had successes. The issues are the same. The charges are just as unfair and unlawful.

Start claiming

Well done ! :) told you it would be ok ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering what happens to my suspended repossession order once I pay off all the arrears - is it automatically cancelled out or do I have to go back to court?

(The solicitor in court said it is dormant when paid off - but I have nothing to prove this).

Thanks

Hi there, when all the arrears are paid off you can apply to the court to have it removed.

• 8 months later...

Hi Ell-enn hope you can help again.

Since the hearing I have continued to make agreed payment on time and at the agreed amount.

I have today received a letter from GE Money advising that it is a notice relating to default sums and they are required to give it to me to comply with the consumer credit act 1974. I have incurred a legal fee of £765.50 which was applied to my account on 26th July.

Can they add this fee to my account? I am pressuming it is in relation to the court hearing I attended in October. Can I claim this back - I also have £1300 of charges on this account.

Thanks again

Hi there, you need to write to them asking for a breakdown of the legal fees so you can see exactly what you have been charged for.

Also, this is the letter for reclaiming the arrears charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19220&d=1276847849

And don't forget to send those letters by recorded delivery - keep copies.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

HI All

I wrote to GE asking for a breakdown of this fee and received a statement of charges. No explanation for the fee. However I have a total of £1999.63 in charges including Solcitor interim legal fees of £765 and £56, 2 default notice charges (I thought they could only do this once) on 02/03/08 for £35 and 02/05/09, a valuation fee of £45 and debt counselling of 88.13. What if any can I claim back and how do I go about it?

HI All

I wrote to GE asking for a breakdown of this fee and received a statement of charges. No explanation for the fee. However I have a total of £1999.63 in charges including Solcitor interim legal fees of £765 and £56, 2 default notice charges (I thought they could only do this once) on 02/03/08 for £35 and 02/05/09, a valuation fee of £45 and debt counselling of 88.13. What if any can I claim back and how do I go about it?

Did you send the letter I affixed in post 45 ?

• 2 weeks later...

GE Money took us to court also. We attended and explained to the Judge how much extra we can pay. There was a suspended possession on our house the house was not repossessed as threatened. Make sure you arrive before hearing and speak to the Duty Solicitor - they are always in court to represent from Legal Service Commission to represent free of charge, explain your situation. Do not panic. All will be well

• 5 years later...

Hi

I am hoping someone will be able to help me or provide some advice on this.

In February 2007 we took out a secured loan with GE Money for £10,000.

My husband was made redundant a short time later and we ended up falling in to arrears.

This culminated in GE Money taking us to court and getting a suspended repossession order.

All arrears were eventually paid off.

A few years later my husband was made redundant again and we incurred further arrears which have again been dealt with.

The loan is due to expire next February

I have noticed that there are large charges on the account.

Based on the charges it would take me a further 2 years to pay back the loan.

I wrote to GE Money asking for a breakdown of the charges which I received today.

They total £1819.11 which is made up of admin fees, 765.50 of solicitor fees, debt councils and additional interest.

I am hoping someone can tell me if I can claim all or any of these fees back?

And if so could you help with sending me a template letter or offering advice to do so.

Many thanks

N