Euro carparks parking charge notice in scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved a parking notice for £70 for parking 14mins extra in a 2 hours free parking zone in the water front retail park in greenock, scotland.

we had taken our grand children swimming then walked with them round the retail park we have been given 28 days to pay..

.we believe we were not more than 2 hours in the parking area, and my friends were parked for the same length of time and have not recieved a charge.

we have no way of knowing if this company is genuine, as we were on holiday for a mid week break staying nearby in weymes bay.

what are our rights and do we pay or not.

the letter says if we pay straight away within 14 days the £70 is discounted to £40.

is there a way too find out if this is legal in scotland.

please any advice would help us..

...thx

Ignore totally

No such thing as trespass in Scotland

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Do you live in England and was just visiting Scotland or do you actually live in Scotland?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Excellent. Totally ignore. Only the driver is liable in Scotland, not the keeper although ECP will try to convince you otherwise.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Excellent. Totally ignore. Only the driver is liable in Scotland, not the keeper although ECP will try to convince you otherwise.

I have sent an appeal in last night before I saw your reply this morning, but will stop all correspondence with them.

Thx for your advice...

The law of contracts apply equally in Scotland as they do in England but north of ther border they cannot legally get the keeper details so that is why you should never contact them as they have no other means of identifying the driver.

Tell us what you aid in your appeal as we now have to work around this rather then just ignoring them or telling them to foxtrot oscar.

It doesnt matter where you live as the laws are specific to the country they are enacted or enforced in so if the event was Scotland you can live in London and the PoFA still wouldnt apply