The Budget today-16th March 2016-12-30pm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Apparently the government are also looking at a packaging tax, to reduce amount going to landfill. I think this is a good idea, but it will mean an increase in prices.

More and more tax is being added to various, with payroll taxes becoming a smaller element. Will it get to the stage where you pay more indirect tax than direct tax ? For someone on average income, it must be getting close to that situation, when you think VAT is 20% on most purchases.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Another proposal not mentioned in the speech, but detailed in the Budget documents, is the move to abolish the Money Advice Service .

Under proposals now under consultation, the MAS will be closed with its pension guidance remit going to a new provider. There are also plans to launch a second body with a focus on providing “frontline” services to those in financial difficulty.

These changes have prompted concerns that people won’t know where to turn for guidance and advice.

Peter Pledger from the National Skills Academy for Financial Services, said: “Following the restructuring of the MAS, it is important that people are made aware of all the support services that are available to help them.”

I didn't see this ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Jeremy Corbyn says George Osborne must resign in the wake of Iain Duncan Smith's resignation - live

The Prime Minister will today mount a "passionate and powerful" fightback against Iain Duncan Smith as Tory MPs pile pressure on the Chancellor to rewrite his Budget

• Cameron to mount a fightback against Iain Duncan Smith

• Government to U-turn on plans to change PIP payments

• Osborne will have to move departments if he wants to be leader

• Corbyn: Osborne should concider his position and resign

• Michael Howard tells Tory MPs to 'calm down'

• The 'real' reason Iain Duncan Smith resigned

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/12199917/Iain-Duncan-Smith-David-Cameron-Tory-crisis-disability-benefit-live.html

Well what afternoon that was.

I have been in the benefits forum this afternoon.

I have not checked anywhere the reaction to the statement Stephen Crabb gave out.

Here it is,though i think many will know already.

Government announces there are no plans for further cuts to welfare

Stephen Crabb, the new Welfare and Pensions Secretary, has said there will be no more welfare savings in this Parliament.

He announced the government will not be going ahead with changes to PIP and that there will be no further plans to make welfare savings in this parliament.

“We will not be going ahead with the changes to PIP that had been put forward,” he said

“I am absolutely clear that a compassionate and fair welfare system should not just be about numbers.

“Behind every statistic is a human being and perhaps sometimes in government we forget that.

Who is Stephen Crabb?

Appointed amid the furore of Iain Duncan Smith's explosive resignation, Stephen Crabb has already been tipped to make the headlines in his own right.

The 43-year-old former Welsh secretary, raised by his mother on a council estate in Haverfordwest, has a back story that contrasts sharply with that of many of his cabinet colleagues.

He has spoken in interviews of the "horrible decisions about what food and clothing was affordable" as he was growing up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35851269

'Sometimes we forget the human beings behind our decisions': IDS' replacement pledges no more cuts to welfare before 2020 (so how are we going to fill the £4.4billion black hole then?)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3502485/Stephen-Crabb-arrives-day-DWP-embarrassing-U-turn-warring-ministers-tray.html

But Chloe Smith, who served as Mr Osborne's economic secretary to the Treasury in the last Parliament, called on the Chancellor to make up the shortfall by targeting the free bus passes, TV licences and winter fuel allowance given to all pensioners regardless of their income.

David Cameron pledged not to cut these benefits in the Conservative party's election manifesto.

Ms Smith said that wealthy pensioners 'don't need' the handouts, adding: 'That is where we should look instead of this proposal on PIP.'

Her intervention deals a fresh blow to Mr Osborne and came as Mr Crabb was forced to use his first appearance in the House of Commons as Work and Pensions Secretary to announce the humiliating U-turn on disability benefits.

Let battle continue.This idea will not go down well with many.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3502485/Stephen-Crabb-arrives-day-DWP-embarrassing-U-turn-warring-ministers-tray.html#ixzz43ZSEIuKc

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I didn't see this ?

When I saw Swift Advances contributed to it, that made me feel was the MAS working in the best way for the consumer, so it's interesting it's wound up.Here's a report, lengthy but shows the concerns

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/414812/PU1736_MAS_review_document_19_March.pdf

Jeremy Corbyn says George Osborne must resign in the wake of Iain Duncan Smith's resignation - live

Corbyn is proving himself not just a useless self centered idiot, but a complete liability to the labour party.

All he had to do was add a few bullet point facts about the Coalition and Tory monetary failures, and a few supported facts about robbing the poor to pay the rich

- The sheriff of Nottingham's revenge (evil Robin Hood)

sheeesh he could get the figures from wiki or a Tory newspaper.

But no, just real content-less, political gain-less rants.

Just imagine what the following would do if presented as a response to the 'Labours black hole' retort?

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2013/11/the-tories-have-piled-on-more-debt-than-labour/

- and at least labour had part of an excuse as being the victims of maggies banking de-regulation

Corbyn is proving to be one of the best things that ever happened to the Tories.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs