style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm maybe being a bit thick,

I thought if it ever happened to me I'd know all the elephant in the room questions

but I can't think of anything sensible to ask......

It all started a month or so ago with excruciating stomach pains and loss of appetite [a biggie for me],

then a few days ago it got so bad that I went to the quacks and had bloodtests

within 72 hours was referred to the local hospital,

I'm a funny shade of yellow at the mo so I guess I knew something was going a bit wonky.

should have had the biopsy today but it was cancelled and replaced with a phonecall

and Oramorph + Zomorph 60mg capsules....

.. I suppose the question is,

has anyone had experience of this [Pancreas and Liver] with a relative and how long do I have?

I'm not daft and have googled until I'm blue in the face and nothing really tells you what to expect and when..

..... honestly, I'm 48 and pretty much at peace with everything [might be the morphine tho, lol]

so any life experiences gratefully received.

The cancer nurse was lovely and asked if I had any questions but for the first time in my life I couldn't think of anything sensible :!:

oh mike I'm so sorry.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sending big hugs, Mike. I admire you for writing what must have been a difficult post.

I can't answer your direct questions, but I have a couple of things to mention in case it helps.

Do you have a Macmillan nurse? They're very good at explaining things and helping you find your way around the system. You can ring their helpline as well, but they won't be there until Monday at 9am unfortunately. I've found them very helpful in the past.

Are you at home at the moment?

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

hi Mike. sorry to read this mate.

dont know what to say. have they said how advanced it is, can it still be treated?

Mike

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, it is very sad indeed and I hope you have the support of your family etc

Its a very sensitive subject, I know. If its any help.

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/coping/getting-support/macmillan-nurses

Call us free*

0808 808 00 00

Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm

I know HB mentioned however to save you hunting around for anything, there is the number.

Sadly im not very good with these types of post, I get a bit stuck on what to say :(

If you need help, please let me or the team know. We can help you as best we can :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Mike, I was shocked to read this. You have already been advised about the MacMillan Nurses, they are really very helpful.

I am sending positive thoughts as I am sure others are :grouphug:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D