Difference Between the Current Balance & the default Balance - why do they change?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am a newbie here.

Hi,

curious to know what Difference Between the current default Balance is?

I have 3 defaulted account 1 shown the Default Balance as 2198.37 & the Current Balance as £2002.56

The Other One Shows the Default Balance as £567.00 but The Current Balance As £577.00

in the Third one both the Default & Current is the same . but I have not Acknowleged it or made any payment to any of them since the Default appeared. what do these mean? Current vs Default and in the context of my file

. P.S : I noticed these Balances changed somewhere during the last year one's current balance went up the other down Kind Regards,

despite being defaulted at a given balance, that balance can change if payments are made or other credits applied or charges removed, the default balance just means the balance at the point at which the default was issued.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Hi

Just to add my 2p (in red below

Hello,

I am a newbie here.

Hi,

curious to know what Difference Between the current default Balance is?

I have 3 defaulted account 1 shown the Default Balance as 2198.37 & the Current Balance as £2002.56

If you have made no payments the current balance should still be the same. Some charges and interest may have been removed

The Other One Shows the Default Balance as £567.00 but The Current Balance As £577.00

This suggests to me that they are still adding charges

in the Third one both the Default & Current is the same . but I have not Acknowleged it or made any payment to any of them since the Default appeared. what do these mean? Current vs Default and in the context of my file

. P.S : I noticed these Balances changed somewhere during the last year one's current balance went up the other down Kind Regards,

When you got into difficulties, did you let any of the creditors know?

Are any of them chasing?

If they are not chasing, is it worth poking a sleeping dog?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

doesn't matter what the bal is

its the defaulted date that's important.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Thank you every one for your reply sorry for the late answer was away till now,

No I haven't had any contact with them at all ,

however I have been receiving letters , most of them have fallen off now ,

but I hear recently that they say that they take action saying the default was only for the interest ,

not the capital ,thus seeking orders ,

only asking as I came across a search from a creditor account that was closed more than 4 and a half years ago,

interestingly it wasn't even my debt but registered t under my details

when I challenged it it got removed and balance made zero with out even telling me where it came from ,

most of the others just fell off recently .

thanks