Any first time buyers out there-What is it like for you.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will make this as brief as possible.

Back in the day,my day.Many years ago.

As a First time buyer went looking around, found a house that needed a little work then spent a few years slowly doing it up.Family came,happy days.

Prices reasonable,usually a few houses around that suited the first time buyer on a low wage.

Now i have talked to a few Landlords in the last few years.

Worked for a few but never really enjoyed the work.Not like working for owners.

Sometimes more dough but not the same.

Not the people but the thought that many of these properties should be bought by young couples who have connections to the area.

Old fashioned i suppose.

Anyway said one day,"Hey Mr Landlord how many properties have you got."

"Only one hundred going to buy another one next week".3 bedrooms needs a little work 50 k.

Well i knew the house and area and thought,i am older now by the way so no interest myself,should be a first time local buyer

who buys that then left it.

Talked to another and gleaned a little info of a group who have 400 plus houses,estate agents and friends.

So buying properties rapidly doing up and renting out.

You could ask the question,cough,connections but will refrain.

Now you first time possible buyers out there maybe i do not know really,if this is repeated town by town,city by city are losing out in my view.

You possibly get a mortgage arranged to be wiped out by the instant buying power and connections through friends.

Convinced myself that communities are being altered to much.A mix fair enough but it seems some towns are becoming rent only towns.

What is the situation in your area for first time buyers.What chance have you got.Are you being beaten back by entrepreneurs who are grabbing houses before you get a look in.

Any experiences.

Hope this thread makes a little sense,if not ignore it.

Not the first time i have opened a thread for it to sink faster than the Titanic did.

Good luck anyway,first time buyers i wish you well.

The end till the next strange thought that enters my head.

Please feel free to say what you feel.

I will make this as brief as possible.

Back in the day,my day.Many years ago.

As a First time buyer went looking around, found a house that needed a little work then spent a few years slowly doing it up.Family came,happy days.

Prices reasonable,usually a few houses around that suited the first time buyer on a low wage.

Now i have talked to a few Landlords in the last few years.

Worked for a few but never really enjoyed the work.Not like working for owners.

Sometimes more dough but not the same.

Not the people but the thought that many of these properties should be bought by young couples who have connections to the area.

Old fashioned i suppose.

Anyway said one day,"Hey Mr Landlord how many properties have you got."

"Only one hundred going to buy another one next week".3 bedrooms needs a little work 50 k.

Well i knew the house and area and thought,i am older now by the way so no interest myself,should be a first time local buyer

who buys that then left it.

Talked to another and gleaned a little info of a group who have 400 plus houses,estate agents and friends.

So buying properties rapidly doing up and renting out.

You could as the question,cough,connections but will refrain.

Now you first time possible buyers out there maybe i do not know really,if this is repeated town by town,city by city are losing out in my view.

You possibly get a mortgage arranged to be wiped out by the instant buying power and connections through friends.

Convinced myself that communities are being altered to much.A mix fair enough but it seems some towns are becoming rent only towns.

What is the situation in your area for first time buyers.What chance have you got.Are you being beaten back by entrepreneurs who are grabbing houses before you get a look in.

Any experiences.

Hope this thread makes a little sense,if not ignore it.

Not the first time i have opened a thread for it to sink faster than the Titanic did.

Good luck anyway,first time buyers i wish you well.

The end till the next strange thought that enters my head.

Please feel free to say what you feel.

I feel a summary of what your point is / what you want done about it would be useful ; perhaps as an opening statement or a closing paragraph?

Hello BazzaS

Well pleased to get a answer.

I am hoping others will possibly have views on this.

As i am trying to find out what others think.

If there is not a problem out there fair enough.

If there is i assure you there will be a summary.And a few closing points.

After others have had their say.It does not affect me at all but wondering if others are losing out due to houses being snapped up by entrepreneurs,landlords etc before the first time buyers have a chance to get a foot on the housing ladder.