Great Britain and Its Weather.Have you any tales to tell.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not that old Uncle! I have seen it and been on it as a passenger, it is sheer beauty, wish more steam trains ran!

TO, the sun does not like me, makes me ill so no chance of getting burnt unless by accident!

I can see the railway line from my front window but not many passenger trains come down it as it is used more for other trains, I have seen some lovely pullman coaches come dow it though,

The main line is a bit further up from where I am, fingers crossed though!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just putting the Flying Scotsman timetable route on for those that want to catch a glimpse of it.If you do could you put a picture on.Perhaps.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/flying-scotsman-timetable-follow-famous-7437148#vtMlH6wZDHyiigmL.97

Seems it is not coming through Nottingham/Derby :/

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

hope it all goes well Tawny

Thanks very much Ford for your kind thoughts.

In the meanwhile must get to gym.Just read what i have been doing ,re treadmill strengthens collaterals and if more people knew what collaterals can do.

Perhaps more lives could be saved.Provide a possible natural bypass.

Think deep down i am a bit of a chicken when procedures and operations are mentioned.Start flapping.

When in hospital last time some were looking forward to the operations they were having..

All i wanted to do is sharp exit.As fast as possible.Escape.

And luckily did.

Just putting the Flying Scotsman timetable route on for those that want to catch a glimpse of it.If you do could you put a picture on.Perhaps.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/flying-scotsman-timetable-follow-famous-7437148#vtMlH6wZDHyiigmL.97

I would never have been able to make it to Peterborough in time - would have been a 2 hour journey. It looks like all the stations were packed as it went through.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks very much Ford for your kind thoughts.

In the meanwhile must get to gym.Just read what i have been doing ,re treadmill strengthens collaterals and if more people knew what collaterals can do.

Perhaps more lives could be saved.Provide a possible natural bypass.

Think deep down i am a bit of a chicken when procedures and operations are mentioned.Start flapping.

When in hospital last time some were looking forward to the operations they were having..

All i wanted to do is sharp exit.As fast as possible.Escape.

And luckily did.

welcome.

having read about andrew marrs circs, wld've thought that vigorous exercise cld be risky, partic if already have a blockage, eg re a poss bleed.

on a jesty note, if the docs cant shift your 'concrete' with their 'drill', cld always try a pneumatic one, or some mini tnt :)

re weather; saw a queen bumblebee. poor buzzer must have been confused waking up so early in the year, buzzing around, only to have to back to sleep again in a hurry. :)

IMO

:-):rant:

Ford

on a jesty note, if the docs cant shift your 'concrete' with their 'drill', cld always try a pneumatic one, or some mini tnt

:lol:

re weather; saw a queen bumblebee. poor buzzer must have been confused waking up so early in the year, buzzing around, only to have to back to sleep again in a hurry.

Hope the queen is back in bed it may not be over yet.

Last week by now it was expected the country was going to get a wintry blast.

Jet stream moved South.Charts suggested snow for many but as most of this winter things changed.

However a chart i have just seen suggests this could change.

Very tough forecasting this winter.

Sun is getting higher,meteorite,unseen over Brazil causing changes,everything blamed on the change.

Better just mention this meteorite.

"Fireball '2nd only to Chelyabinsk meteor' explodes unseen over Atlantic" - REDUX

Reporting carefully and comprehensively on a meteor event which occurred 17 days ago, with publicly available data which was seen 3 days ago but, thus far, had not been brought to the attention of the wider public audience.

Small excerpt from the RT article:

"The largest meteor since the one that exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in 2013 burned up over the open ocean some 1,000 kilometers from the Brazilian coast on February 6, NASA reports. An extraterrestrial body allegedly the size of a large living room, about 5 to 7 meters across, released energy equivalent to 13,000 tons of TNT, which is 40 times less than the Chelyabinsk phenomenon.

The object entered the atmosphere before exploding at approximately 30km above the Atlantic. It couldn`t be observed from the ground as it fell too far away from any populated area unlike the Chelyabinsk meteor, which hit the city with over 1 million dwellers, damaging nearly 3,000 building and causing multiple

So lets say the chart i have seen suggests something for next week.Shall we all start laughing now.One day things will not change.

Here we go.A comment i have just read.

The chart shows snow falling, somewhere in the UK, on EVERY frame of the run from 123hrs onwards, much of it over huge swathes of lowland Britain and yes, even in the SOUTH!

A milder Monday with heavy rain followed by heavy wintry showers Tuesday Wednesday then Friday BOOM:rofl: lol :lol:

I am no expert on charts but learning a little.

Here is the chart for next wednesday for those that like to look at such things.

Please do not tell the Daily Express they have a writer there that will promise armageddon if he gets a whiff of this.Front page news.

And things have changed so many times this winter.

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twodata/chart.aspx?chart=/charts/gfs/18_126_preciptype.png?cb=474

And if it comes up Friday.But a long way off.

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/charts/gfs/12_186_preciptype.png?cb=16

And someone has said.

Carlsberg don't make model runs come true but if it did it would probably ...

Fair comment.

Just been reading that 2015 was the warmest since records began in the 1600s.

Weather men must have been writing with quills back then.

And weather men would be dressed like this.

Had to look their best for the cameras.:lol:

i

Is El Niño changing the weather?

Science

How warming water in the Pacific Ocean can alter the forecast across the world

http://www.alphr.com/science/1002545/is-el-ni-o-changing-the-weather

2015 smashes record for hottest year, final figures confirm

Experts warn that global warming is tipping climate into ‘uncharted territory’, as Met Office, Nasa and Noaa data all confirm record global temperatures for second year running

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/20/2015-smashes-record-for-hottest-year-final-figures-confirm

Any more weather stories out there.

From winters or summers gone by.

I am sure some of you have been caught out in days gone by.Seen strange happenings and had strange experiences.

Work affected,been stranded.

Got caught in a hailstorm while snorkelling around the durdle door.

By the time I managed to get out of the water I was bruised all over and my wetsuit had ripped in a few places.

Fortunately nobody was there to laugh at me as it was winter.

One small consolation 😂

Well,i was going to look that up when the post came but forgot.

What a impressive beach that is.

One of the best i have ever seen.

How could you not walk down those steps and investigate.

Glad you looked it up Ford.Would not like to have missed that.

Glad you managed to come through that scary experience king12345

Going to check that coast out a little more.

Thanks Ford a interesting link once again.Have had a quick look will read thoroughly later.

Skating on the Thames,can you imagine that nowadays.

Just been looking at the weather charts and what people are saying.

Same place you got the link.Perhaps you are a coldie,someone who likes a touch of wintriness.

Just for a short while to remind you what winters were like in days gone by.

Everything on a knife edge this week.

Plenty of weather to get through and we have some opportunities for snow during the week and plenty of chilly days and cold nights ahead.

However the Daily Express has started as usual.Trouble is one day they will get it right.

Best comment i have read so far.

Why not bolt the barbie to the snow plough ? You can cover most eventualities then, especially if you can strap on a brolly as well !

The article usually to be taken with a Bacardi and Coke while slipping your sunglasses and suncream on.But one day.

The article.

POLAR PLUNGE for EASTER: Britain to be hit with snow as temperatures plummet to MINUS 18

FREEZING weather will strike by Easter and temperatures could plummet to -18C bringin chaos to the streets of Britain.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/648176/Britain-hit-snow-as-temperatures-plummet-MINUS-18

I will slip a chart in tomorrow that as i look looks interesting

Well,i was going to look that up when the post came but forgot.

What a impressive beach that is.

One of the best i have ever seen.

How could you not walk down those steps and investigate.

Glad you looked it up Ford.Would not like to have missed that.

Glad you managed to come through that scary experience king12345

Going to check that coast out a little more.

The under water view is even better!

Just been checking the area out.Very nice.World Heritage Site,no wonder.

Just took a you tube walk along that beach.

Now a quick look underwater.Relax me after a strange day.

SCUBA diving in Kimmeridge and Durdle Door, Dorset

Reminds me the darker days are soon to fade away and summer will arrive about October.:-)

So after this walk i am off,tiring all this walking and sea air.I wish you good evening.Wherever you are.

Just nipping into that Inn i spotted for a quick half of cider.

Durdle door / Lulworth Cove

And the weather models for later in the week and further will leave till tom.But you never know,promising.

All over the place but.And for people who like a chill in the air:smile:

'Bright flash' seen in skies over Scotland-Good heavens great Ball of Fire

What happened in Scotland last night at about 6-45pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-35689551

Weather.

Best view i can come up with for any cold lovers out there.

A pattern bringing a messy wintry mix of weather is Low pressure moving SE across the UK in two bands between now and the weekend each one bringing progressively colder air into the mix across the UK. Much of the precipitation will be showery in nature although Friday looks a day when something more interesting may develop across the UK as the second Low moves South over the UK with a wraparound of cold North or NE winds develop in it's wake.

Kind of do not put the plants out yet comes to mind.

Any more people been caught out by the weather whether at sea or land or underwater even tell us your

Tale Of The Unexpected.

Do you remember when summers were summers and winters were winters not a mix of four seasons in a month.

A little riddle where can you go from winter to summer in less than ten minutes.

Thanks for your link snowdragon.

Remember as a kid a eclipse,a long time ago.

And a partial eclipse here 10 years ago or so.

Strange how as the light faded the birds started singing as if they were off to roost.

As the light returned it was like the dawn chorus.

2090 The article is saying for the next eclipse here.

I may just miss out on that one.:-)

Back to the weather .

I have just noticed weather warnings appearing for tomorrow.For snow.

And as the week goes what areas may be affected as the cold air arrives.

Will update this news this afternoon.When i get enough info.And what areas.

And the answer to the riddle if no one gets it.Where in the world can you go from Winter to Summer in 10 minutes.

And how.Video and a article i will put on.

Adios for now Tawnyowl.

Seen things change so many times this winter but very promising.For some.A little taste of winter.

at the moment where I am it is lovely sunshine, it has been raining this morning though x

Sandy x

An Italian friend of mine (from Naples) once stated on one of those 4 seasons in one day days in November, foggy in morning, sunny at lunchtime, rain at dusk then sleety rain that "The English weather, she can be very badly misbehaved!" which I thought was beautifully expressed!

An Italian friend of mine (from Naples) once stated on one of those 4 seasons in one day days in November, foggy in morning, sunny at lunchtime, rain at dusk then sleety rain that "The English weather, she can be very badly misbehaved!" which I thought was beautifully expressed!

I agree with you sillygirl1-beautifully expressed!

snowdragon.

at the moment where I am it is lovely sunshine, it has been raining this morning though x

Sandy x

Changes for sure arriving soon.

Right last post today.

Today is the first day of spring so i am told.

Well tomorrow some may think it is the first day of winter.

Temperatures have been dropping as the day goes on and could get very interesting as the night goes on.

It also seems another storm is moving in.This one called Storm Jake.

Storm Jake is on its way TONIGHT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3471490/Storm-Jake-way-TONIGHT-forecasters-warn-Britain-brace-icy-roads-four-inches-snow-70mph-winds.html

Here is a interesting site for those that are interested.I find it pretty accurate when watching for storms or showers arriving.

Weather radar that updates every 15 minutes.For your areas.Spot any troublesome weather .

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

As i have said so many warnings out there that best to check your local area forecast.

I have charged my camera just in case and probably if the forecast is correct will head off tom to take photos.

If you manage to capture some please post them when you get the chance but be careful out there.As things deteriorate.

As for the riddle.

Where can you go from winter to summer in ten minutes in the world.

It is in Tenerife.Mount Teide tenerife you just get the cable car.When at the top wrapped up.As you head down you will be casting your clothes off.

Lived in a cave there for a short while 20 years ago it was get my head together time. Semi desert.I have photos of that time.

Wrote about it somewhere in the forums years ago.

Some may think i am not a full shilling now.Fair enough.

Here you go,a taster.Following video is interesting as well.

Strange how within a hour you can be lazing on a beach getting sunburnt.A nice little island in the sun

First the cable car then how bad the roads got two weeks ago on the way up.Roads were closed only the rangers looking for stranded people.

Cable car ride from winter to summer in under 10 minutes. Tenerife.

Rangers looking for stranded people.Feb20th 2016.Tenerife.Mount Teide.

And do not forget to post your stories.All are very interesting.

Really like reading others stories and experiences.

2090 The article is saying for the next eclipse here.

I may just miss out on that one.

I think there might be a few of us missing out on that one TO :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

got flurries of snow here, seems a few places have got a fair bit of snow!.