Be aware of buying PS4 games from g4k.me

broadbandfodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Last October my 14 yr old son was after a new game for his PS4. He found a website called G4k.me. As he wanted to pay with my Paypal he showed me the game on the site etc (as I always double check with him using my Paypal), Thing was I was on way to work, quick glance website seemed fine and said ok get it ordered.

I later asked if he got game and he said yeah they send an PS4 account with the game on and I just login. Fair enough I thought seemed an odd set up but as Im not a PS4 user i thought maybe thats how it works with online purchase and company "seemed" legitimate enough. But I was a little confused he needed a new "account with the game on"

The game activated fine and loaded ok etc - my son followed the activation instructions at the website. As I work away and upon my return, some 2 month later my son tells me the account just came up banned / suspended for no reason when he went to login. I kinda know my son well enough to know, he pretty sensible and wouldn't do anything to cause a ban on this extra account. He been on Playstation years with no issues at all.

So as I had details of the account, emailed Playstation and queried. They advised contacting G4k.me . So I emailed their support and after many open support tickets (as they never replied) I got a response that they do not deal with banned accounts. Called PlayStation support and they said they can email reason to the account email but cant discuss on phone. But the email attached to this account is locked and cant be accessed, so basically I am stuffed. £25 lost basically.

I have raised a Paypal dispute, although at this stage purely with g4k.me - hasn't escalated to Paypal as yet. Although g4k refused refund, so next step is escalating to Paypal. I may also contact my bank, its my debit card which funds Paypal.

Since my dealings with this company I have searched the internet and found numerous similar situations, particularly with PS4 games. The company Facebook page is full of complaints with the exact same issue I have, as well as review websites. Its seems so many people with exact same issue to be more than just coincidence to me

From what I have learned this company opens a PS4 account, buys game and then sells on, however they then charge-back the payment (which takes about two weeks so I hear to take effect) and as a result your purchased game & account are banned. A very clever money making racket from what I have read...Mind you I don't know exactly how they but these games and sell on so cheap or if a "middleman" is involved.

Obviously, In hindsight, I wish i checked them out properly before my son bought it, but hey hoo.. was in rush etc..

At the end of the day its £25 - not end of world, lesson learned.... but just how many people have lost money with this company??

Just a warning to others, my advice stay well away from this company..

Hi,

Last October my 14 yr old son was after a new game for his PS4. He found a website called G4k.me. As he wanted to pay with my Paypal he showed me the game on the site etc (as I always double check with him using my Paypal), Thing was I was on way to work, quick glance website seemed fine and said ok get it ordered.

I later asked if he got game and he said yeah they send an PS4 account with the game on and I just login. Fair enough I thought seemed an odd set up but as Im not a PS4 user i thought maybe thats how it works with online purchase and company "seemed" legitimate enough. But I was a little confused he needed a new "account with the game on"

The game activated fine and loaded ok etc - my son followed the activation instructions at the website. As I work away and upon my return, some 2 month later my son tells me the account just came up banned / suspended for no reason when he went to login. I kinda know my son well enough to know, he pretty sensible and wouldn't do anything to cause a ban on this extra account. He been on Playstation years with no issues at all.

So as I had details of the account, emailed Playstation and queried. They advised contacting G4k.me . So I emailed their support and after many open support tickets (as they never replied) I got a response that they do not deal with banned accounts. Called PlayStation support and they said they can email reason to the account email but cant discuss on phone. But the email attached to this account is locked and cant be accessed, so basically I am stuffed. £25 lost basically.

I have raised a Paypal dispute, although at this stage purely with g4k.me - hasn't escalated to Paypal as yet. Although g4k refused refund, so next step is escalating to Paypal. I may also contact my bank, its my debit card which funds Paypal.

Since my dealings with this company I have searched the internet and found numerous similar situations, particularly with PS4 games. The company Facebook page is full of complaints with the exact same issue I have, as well as review websites. Its seems so many people with exact same issue to be more than just coincidence to me

From what I have learned this company opens a PS4 account, buys game and then sells on, however they then charge-back the payment (which takes about two weeks so I hear to take effect) and as a result your purchased game & account are banned. A very clever money making racket from what I have read...Mind you I don't know exactly how they but these games and sell on so cheap or if a "middleman" is involved.

Obviously, In hindsight, I wish i checked them out properly before my son bought it, but hey hoo.. was in rush etc..

At the end of the day its £25 - not end of world, lesson learned.... but just how many people have lost money with this company??

Just a warning to others, my advice stay well away from this company..

Must be alarming when they said "the game will show up on account". As this is impossible to ever take place. This is because you can only get ps4 games online on your account when purchasing through ps store.

So in hindsight you can never get a ps game directly online on your account without purchasing it on ps store. I guess you didn't know about that as you were not probably familiar as to how this works.

Must be alarming when they said "the game will show up on account". As this is impossible to ever take place. This is because you can only get ps4 games online on your account when purchasing through ps store.

So in hindsight you can never get a ps game directly online on your account without purchasing it on ps store. I guess you didn't know about that as you were not probably familiar as to how this works.

Yeah I wish I did know how it worked (I kinda do now though lol)

Pasrt of me could of killed my son, cos he is kinda well into PlayStaion, I kinda thought he would of known, but he didnt either.

Also you can check the ban reason by looking at your email address that you used when registering your psn id. They will most likely have sent you some sort of correspondence on your registered email.

The actual account which was provided included the login email / password & date of birth (obvioulsy just made up) and was added as a secondary account - using the activation method you have to follow:

(taken from gk4.me website)

1. Login to the received account

2. To activate the account set it to primary account (Select [PSN] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].) Be sure to put the received account to primary account

3. Go to downloadlist and download the game

4. After download log off and login to your own account

5. Set your own account back to primary account, set the GK account as secondary

6. Play the game on your own old account

Unfortunately the login email (a yahoo email) I am unable to login, it immediately asks me to verify my location/and I am the account holder by wanting to send a text to a mobile number already set up in their access security. So cant access the bought account email inbox at all.

Obvioulsy I can access my sons main / primary account in my name, but that obviously has nothing to do with this secondary bought account.

Yeah, it sounds dodgy. Did they mention to you by any chance that you have to delete your secondary account once the game is downloaded onto the main account?

As once the game was downloaded on both the primary and the secondary account- this refers to as 'sharing' the account because surely G4k would be sending the same details for the same game to different people who have bought it.

Basically from what it looks like they didn't sell you the game but they sold you an 'account'. That equals to an immediate ban.

That's the thing that got the account banned imo.

You can dispute this transaction through paypal - under the category "Didn't receive the goods or item" or "fault goods or items". Something like that, I think.

Yeah, it sounds dodgy. Did they mention to you by any chance that you have to delete your secondary account once the game is downloaded onto the main account?

As once the game was downloaded on both the primary and the secondary account- this refers to as 'sharing' the account because surely G4k would be sending the same details for the same game to different people who have bought it.

Basically from what it looks like they didn't sell you the game but they sold you an 'account'. That equals to an immediate ban.

That's the thing that got the account banned imo.

You can dispute this transaction through paypal - under the category "Didn't receive the goods or item" or "fault goods or items". Something like that, I think.

I think you have hit the nail on the head FootballPlayer, and may have found the answer to why this was banned.

I have just spoke to my son and asked him did he follow the activation instructions exactly as outlined on their website. He said yes totally and he said he even sent a support ticket to clarify whether to delete or keep the bought account on the console as secondary as he was unsure. I logged in to check his support ticket and sure enough he did and was advised to keep the account as a secondary account and not to delete it. This is a screenshot of his enquiry here: (sensitive details removed)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jixlu2vu62n6jlu/gk4%20support.jpg?dl=0?raw=1

I think you have just answered why the game was banned on Playstation

Just an update - good news, within my dispute I added the further information outlining the incorrect information provided by their support team / and included the fact that PlayStation confirmed the selling of games via an account is in violation of their terms of service ( big thanks to FootballPlayer for pointing out the "sharing account"), and g4k have refunded me fully back to my debit card, so it wasn't necessary to take it to Paypal to resolve thankfully. :-)

Although I will be replacing the game from a more reputable source for my son now, if anyone decides against my advice and orders a PS4 game from this company (not recommended due to PS4 terms of service) .. do atleast delete the account provided by them after activation etc..

Anyway, all sorted now - hopefully it'll help others who have stumbled across this company. Atleast they did refund me, albeit you will need to be persistent and they did turn down my first request for refund.

Just an update - good news, within my dispute I added the further information outlining the incorrect information provided by their support team / and included the fact that PlayStation confirmed the selling of games via an account is in violation of their terms of service ( big thanks to FootballPlayer for pointing out the "sharing account"), and g4k have refunded me fully back to my debit card, so it wasn't necessary to take it to Paypal to resolve thankfully. :-)

Although I will be replacing the game from a more reputable source for my son now, if anyone decides against my advice and orders a PS4 game from this company (not recommended due to PS4 terms of service) .. do atleast delete the account provided by them after activation etc..

Anyway, all sorted now - hopefully it'll help others who have stumbled across this company. Atleast they did refund me, albeit you will need to be persistent and they did turn down my first request for refund.

Well done, glad to hear I helped. 😄