Compensation owed? **WON £503.33 credit + a hamper for their mistake **

JustM4TT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG,

I'm wondering if you may be able to give me a little bit of advice :).

Back in January natwest fraud team decided to put a block on all of my accounts for MY protection,

they didn't try to contact me

they didn't try to let me know and

the only way I found out was when I tried to check into my hotel at 6pm and my card was declined,

i went over to a ATM and my card was declined to get a balance, mobile and internet banking was also disabled.

That evening I spend a total of 112 minutes on the phone to the bank trying to regain access to my account

but time and time again I was told that i would need to speak to someone at 9am the following morning

as the department which put a block on my account was closed.

Because of not being able to access any funds, in turn i couldn't check into a hotel or access any funds

I had £4 in cash on me.

I was forced to spend the first half of the night until I was asked to leave at 4am in a 24 hour Mcdonalds

after I managed to take safe haven on a bench outside the train station

and from around 6am I walked the streets until 9am where I then phoned the bank and regained access to my funds,

checked into a hotel and went to sleep.

The sleepless night affected my ability to enjoy any of my further trip and in turn it left me unable to see the matinée I had booked for the following day.

My question to CAG is

what is a reasonable amount for me to ask from the bank as compensation,

what is a reasonable amount of money for me to request for the phone calls that i made.

Thanks guys

Matt

AFAIK nothing.

it will be in your T&C's that they can operate like this if the suspect fraud.?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have a look at CIFAS.

On one hand the banks are in their rights to block your account but I'm not aware that it is written anywhere that they are allowed to deprive you of any information as to what is happening.

Frankly, I think that this kind of treatment - even under CIFAS conditions ought to be challenged, but it never has been.

Have your funds been released now?

Have a look at CIFAS.

On one hand the banks are in their rights to block your account but I'm not aware that it is written anywhere that they are allowed to deprive you of any information as to what is happening.

Frankly, I think that this kind of treatment - even under CIFAS conditions ought to be challenged, but it never has been.

Have your funds been released now?

Hey, sorry for the slow reply.

Yes they released my funds, When i phoned them up the following morning they told me that they was performing an investigation into my accounts. After 4-5 days I had access again and now the bank clam to have no knowledge of an investigation.

• 2 weeks later...